SWIM

Absolute truth or new delusion ?

7 posts in this topic

i've been going down the rabbit hole of spiritual teachers and guru's of every kind (including psychedelics) for the last 4 years of my life. Most of them claim to have experienced or grasped the absolute truth about everything in some kind of off wordly epifany or mental breakthrough. But when they come back to the herd trying to share they're unbelievable insight they always lack the ability to eplain their discovery. Mostly pointing the finger at ordinary language for not being designed well enough to communicate their discovery. But i have to ask, what if there is no discovery at all. Everyone who followed leo for an extended amount of time knows how easily our mind's are fucked with, played around with, fooled. But maybe that's the point. think about how easy it would be for something to invade the mind giving us the high of discovery and realization, without there being any discovery or realization at all aside for a different view on things which is just as false as the previous.

Edited by SWIM

18 hours ago, SWIM said:

what if there is no discovery at all.

There is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Even though the circle leads back to the original starting point, that doesn’t mean the journey around the circle was useless.  It’s a bit of a paradox.  You gotta chase Ego to only find that Ego is an illusion and that you’re been watching yourself chase all along.  The only way that you can discover no Ego is to thoroughly burn through Ego.  So you don’t really want to pooh pooh Ego in this work.  You don’t reject Ego, you see through it.  And you only keenly see through Ego when you have a history of you being entangled in Ego to draw from.  And Ego is not just for people other than you.  Even people that are very ‘advanced’ on the path don’t fully understand Ego including myself (until very recently) — so I don’t exclude myself from this.  But I can tell you this, I understand Ego a hell of a lot better today after watching myself run that circle.  That’s the value and necessity of chasing — you learn.  If you have high love of truth, you’ll learn from chasing.  If your love of truth is not high enough, you’ll create a ‘Spiritual Ego’ for yourself.  And maybe someday you’ll see through that but maybe you don’t too — everybody’s on their own unique Path.  It’s like Emerald said in one of her videos, you don’t force a plant to grow by pulling on it.  ⭕️ 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Sounds like you seek an excuse not to do the work.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

"To attain true inner freedom, you must be able to objectively watch your problems instead of being lost in them"

"You have to break the habit of thinking that the solution to your problem is to rearrange things outside.

The only permanent solution to your problems is to go inside and let go of the part of you that seems to have so many problems with reality"

From the Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer.

If you constantly do this and focus and remain conscious of the present moment the rest of the time(doesn t mean you don t think, but that you are conscious/detached from thoughts if it happens),

There is no way you won't see a huge difference.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 10/9/2018 at 8:06 AM, SWIM said:

i've been going down the rabbit hole of spiritual teachers and guru's of every kind (including psychedelics) for the last 4 years of my life. Most of them claim to have experienced or grasped the absolute truth about everything in some kind of off wordly epifany or mental breakthrough. But when they come back to the herd trying to share they're unbelievable insight they always lack the ability to eplain their discovery. Mostly pointing the finger at ordinary language for not being designed well enough to communicate their discovery. But i have to ask, what if there is no discovery at all. Everyone who followed leo for an extended amount of time knows how easily our mind's are fucked with, played around with, fooled. But maybe that's the point. think about how easy it would be for something to invade the mind giving us the high of discovery and realization, without there being any discovery or realization at all aside for a different view on things which is just as false as the previous.

I was in your shoes man, and I'd been on this journey 15 years.  I can tell you without a doubt there is something to discover.  However, just because you feel and see the way you do now doesn't mean your on the wrong path.  If you truely want to know who you are and the truth of the world, dont be afraid to drop all searching and do something worldy or non-sensical for a while leaving searching behind FULL STOP.  The desire to know will reveal itself in some form in your new quest, just live life as you feel.