TheAvatarState

What is Actuality? Reminded of a long-lost childhood practice

10 posts in this topic

When I was watching Leo's latest video, it occurred to me that I used to have a similar practice as a child (age 5-6). Of course I didn't know what it was at the time, and I'm just now deciphering what I was Actually doing. In fact, this is the first time I've thought about this in many years. 

I don't know how it started, but the practice went like this: I'd say to myself "this is me" over and over again, and after a few moments, sometimes up to 2 minutes, I'd get an insane body and mind sensation. This wasn't me sensing an ego, it felt like a direct experience and wonder and amazement at being conscious. Purely in the present moment. I did this occasionally over the course of a couple years just for the body sensation, but I knew I was tapping into something special. After perhaps age 7ish, I was no longer able to tap into that feeling, and I eventually forgot about it... Until now. 

I think this is pretty fascinating that I did this on my own accord as a child. It makes me wonder that if children at that most important time (age 4-6) were taught true spiritual practices, that they would catch on extremely quickly. I feel like I had a close connection to true being back then, before I was innundated with all that social programming. Now I'm in the process of removing those layers of Bullshit to get back to where I was at age 5, except now with all the knowledge and correct metaphysical context. 

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. :)

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

6 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

It makes me wonder that if children at that most important time (age 4-6) were taught true spiritual practices, that they would catch on extremely quickly.

Of course they would.

Which is why we need to quickly indoctrinate them with religion or science before that can happen.

If we didn't do that, society as we know it would collapse.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

I don't know how it started, but the practice went like this: I'd say to myself "this is me" over and over again, and after a few moments, sometimes up to 2 minutes, I'd get an insane body and mind sensation. This wasn't me sensing an ego, it felt like a direct experience and wonder and amazement at being conscious. Purely in the present moment.

Woa I experienced something very similar to this. When I was a child around 5-9 years Id say. I could look into a mirror, look into my eyes (like in the bathroom of my school) and really doubt that the image on the mirror was me. I just had to look into a mirror for some time and I got a very intense body feeling. A bit like fear but it was more intense and I snapped out of it after a few moments. I guess because it was too intense for me. I also did it a few times because I was curious about it.

I tried it again now but it didnt work.

@Leo Gura  Leo! I experienced the no-desire, child-like state and went to watch your video: 10 things we dont know we want :D It was mentioned as the very first thing and I was so happy haha, its really worth pursuing over sex!

You are not the only one, in fact we are not alone and this video showed me once again we're more connected than we think/we share more common past than we think

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course they would.

Which is why we need to quickly indoctrinate them with religion or science before that can happen.

If we didn't do that, society as we know it would collapse.

or would expand to something greater. who knows. just forget about it

1 hour ago, universe said:

Woa I experienced something very similar to this. When I was a child around 5-9 years Id say. I could look into a mirror, look into my eyes (like in the bathroom of my school) and really doubt that the image on the mirror was me. I just had to look into a mirror for some time and I got a very intense body feeling. A bit like fear but it was more intense and I snapped out of it after a few moments. I guess because it was too intense for me. I also did it a few times because I was curious about it.

I tried it again now but it didnt work.

Lol dis mirror thing reminded me that when I was a child prolly  around 3 or 4, my favorite activity was to pull my pants off and jump to see my nuts flap in mirror when no parents at home.

edit: not kidding.

edit: just saw that I stacked 3 posts, if some moderator is itchy about it feel free to remove my 10 post counter or something if its the deal. sorry about that, but actually this looks nicer somehow to me.

Edited by non_nothing

54 minutes ago, non_nothing said:

or would expand to something greater.

Same thing.

The new requires the death of the old.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@non_nothing Thanks for sharing that. I'm sure this wasn't an uncommon thing. I just remember how easy it was to get this feeling. It felt like what I was sensing WASN'T what I traditionally thought of as "me." When I questioned "what is me" and observed, it pointed to something "within" that was marveling the beauty of existence. It marked the first time I went meta and become conscious of being conscious, and that fact stunned me. I can't overstate how intense the body feeling was; I couldn't hold onto it for more than a few seconds. 

Sent from my iEgo

@Leo Gura Have you heard the poetry of the wise Guru Laghima?

"New growth cannot exist without first the destruction of the old."

"Let go your earthly tether.

Enter the void.

Empty, and become wind."

Sent from my iEgo