Bernardo Carleial

What can we learn from McGregor vs Khabib fight

41 posts in this topic

Just now, SFRL said:

If you never laced up a pair of gloves I don't really think you have any idea of what it takes to be a fighter. Physically, mentally, and spiritually. 

The funny thing is that these UFC fighters probably have more ability to have a conversation about the topics discussed here, then most of you would be able handling a couple of rounds in a full contact fighting gym. 

But it's more of a business and less skills inmho. The way they promote these fights and most decisions are rigged. Mayweather/paquio fight, Connor/Mayweather fight, etc. It's so obvious that all the big fights are more  about money for the romoters and less about skills and hard work of the fighters. Plus these chimps are Lways obsessing over their fighters and arguing unnecessarily all over forums, social media.

3 minutes ago, SFRL said:

If you never laced up a pair of gloves I don't really think you have any idea of what it takes to be a fighter. Physically, mentally, and spiritually. 

The funny thing is that these UFC fighters probably have more ability to have a conversation about the topics discussed here, then most of you would be able handling a couple of rounds in a full contact fighting gym. 

Indeed. It begs the question: what is of value? Is Yellow level thinking of more value than champion-level UFC fighting?

Who is a greater genuis Mozart or Einstein?

5 minutes ago, SFRL said:

@Good-boy GGG fan I assume? 

Nah man, I used to be a Pacquiao fan long time ago. I don't follow any sports now.

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Indeed. It begs the question: what is of value? Is Yellow level thinking of more value than champion-level UFC fighting?

Who is a greater genuis Mozart or Einstein?

Yeah or maybe the forum just went overboard with all this SD snobbery. 

In that sense pursuing Enlightment seems to make more sense to me then an obsession with SD. 

One can be an enlightened warlord or UFC fighter. And a not enlightened Yellow thinker. 

22 minutes ago, Good-boy said:

Nah man, I used to be a Pacquiao fan long time ago. I don't follow any sports now.

I just figured because "Good boy" is a well known reference of GGG in boxing. 

Edited by SFRL

7 minutes ago, SFRL said:

Yeah or maybe the forum just went overboard with all this SD snobbery. 

I think it would be funny to make certified Yellow level medallions. 

7 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I think it would be funny to make certified Yellow level medallions. 

Yeah and then the forum members get to vote them. The like button on steroids. 

If you would do that as a joke, people will actually start taking it serious.

As it is now w go to an atmosphere where  every act needs to be assigned several possible levels of SD development to it. 

Like there should be Red and Yellow fighters. Or Red and Green PUA's. 

Like there is some higher meaning to banging bitches within the universe. It's just banging bitches. Well then why do you participate in activities of such sorts? Well shit because I like it. 

59 minutes ago, Good-boy said:

Yeah but that's why they are chimpery, I am just stating the facts. All sports are just low conscious entertainment. 

Btw I used to be a die hard boxing fan.

There is light in everything brother. You have to see it, to see it.

B R E A T H E

14 minutes ago, SFRL said:

Yeah and then the forum members get to vote them. The like button on steroids. 

If you would do that as a joke, people will actually start taking it serious.

As it is now w go to an atmosphere where  every act needs to be assigned several possible levels of SD development to it. 

Like there should be Red and Yellow fighters. Or Red and Green PUA's. 

I think SD is a fun game. A puzzle or like figuring out WWII strategy. It’s got some good life lessons but nothing that couldn’t be taught outside a hierarchy. Stuff like rational, relative and systems thinking is often philosophized outside of SD. But when we add in a hierarchy and some egos - watch out. 

At first, everyone wants a Turquoise ribbon. Then too many people have Turquoise ribbons and they aren’t so special anymore - so let’s create new levels - coral and teal. Now *those* ribbons are special - until a bunch of wannabes claim them. I think some guy has come out with six new higher levels. For some people, it’s like a game of candy crush. “I gotta reach SD level 42 before my sister does! She’s gonna be so jealous!” ?

15 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I think SD is a fun game. A puzzle or like figuring out WWII strategy. It’s got some good life lessons but nothing that couldn’t be taught outside a hierarchy. Stuff like rational, relative and systems thinking is often philosophized outside of SD. But when we add in a hierarchy and some egos - watch out. 

At first, everyone wants a Turquoise ribbon. Then too many people have Turquoise ribbons and they aren’t so special anymore - so let’s create new levels - coral and teal. Now *those* ribbons are special - until a bunch of wannabes claim them. I think some guy has come out with six new higher levels. For some people, it’s like a game of candy crush. “I gotta reach SD level 42 before my sister does! She’s gonna be so jealous!” ?

Ken Wilber is generally considered a Stage Yellow character right? 

Too me if someone claims to be a Stage Yellow thinker they basically claim they are of the caliber of a Ken Wilber. I think that's a very bold claim. 

Yes, Wiber is stage Yellow. It is a very high level. 

But it is much easier to claim Yellow super status online than it is to claim a UFC belt. 

35 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yes, Wiber is stage Yellow. It is a very high level. 

But it is much easier to claim Yellow super status online than it is to claim a UFC belt. 

Obviously

All UFC fanboy chimps just watch this video. When khabib was thrashing McGregor he asked him to repeat the shit he said to him at the press conference, and he replied "it's only business". Yes! said by the spiritually minded woo woo fighter by himself,who you guys think are more developed than the people on this forum. Stage yellow thinking my as* .hehehehehe. 

Edited by Good-boy

56 minutes ago, Good-boy said:

All UFC fanboy chimps just watch this video. When khabib was thrashing McGregor he asked him to repeat the shit he said to him at the press conference and he replied "it's only business". Yes! said by the spiritually minded woo woo fighter by himself,who you guys think are more developed than the people on this forum. Stage yellow thinking my as* .hehehehehe. 

McGregor talked too much and then he could not back it up. Then you get smacked. 

As the saying goes in boxing: "You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?"

That metaphor carries over in daily life as well. 

You can talk the fancy talk about Spiral Dynamics and self-development, but can you walk the walk? 

How does your life reflect Stage Yellow thinking? Is your life pretty cool, or kind of pathetic? 

1 hour ago, SFRL said:

McGregor talked too much and then he could not back it up. Then you get smacked. 

As the saying goes in boxing: "You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?"

That metaphor carries over in daily life as well. 

You can talk the fancy talk about Spiral Dynamics and self-development, but can you walk the walk? 

How does your life reflect Stage Yellow thinking? Is your life pretty cool, or kind of pathetic? 

My Life is cool as hell ?.

Edited by Good-boy