sneha

If I watch one of Leo's videos everyday.will it get drilled into my subconscious?

9 posts in this topic

I wanted to work on authentic self stuff. I remember the times when I was this exactly this fully actualised authentic self when I was performing with assertiveness and higher counciousness.if I listen to the video again and again and visualize the times I was authentic say affirmations for assertiness will it work? Because now when I try to be my self I forget get lost.

Authenticity is about removing blocks, not reprogramming your subconscious.

Break your ego and throw out your boundaries! Then you will be authentic again.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

When I felt like myself I remember I was concious and very receptive to new knowledge I loved to learn.think. is it what it is? Concious awareness who's always learning curious to know what's going around . When I wasn't being myself is bc *I have social anxiety* i was thinking about what people think of me. So I looked at Leo's video about not caring what people think of you. But then I started the this not me that is not me what am I how do I behave. So is myself pure concious awareness? Assertive about what I think at the moment and learning new ? Taking challenges?That's what I did in front of few of my teachers when I felt like authentic self

8 hours ago, Torkys said:

I think the only difference when I felt like myself and didn't is when I didn't care what people thought of me. I didn't care if they liked or what my image looks like in front of them. Do you think if I work on that .I think the reason why I put myself into this box is because I want to belong because I care what will people will think If I stand out a lot.whether they hate me like me matters.thats the only reason I put myself into a box and started hiding. Like some guy said I was fat and ugly  when I was little and when I grew up I thought I don't deserve to be in a relationship I'm not the pretty kind. That's because I cared what he thought of me right? I act different in front of some people because I care whether they think I'm cool or not.

9 hours ago, Torkys said:

I like this answer. +1.

Programming your mind is not what you want. Though you can use this method in certain situations, but the best results come from more awareness, not less.

Develop your awareness, it's curative by itself.

@sneha Thank you for your radical honesty and observations!

5 hours ago, sneha said:

I didn't care if they liked or what my image looks like in front of them. Do you think if I work on that .

When I started getting into authenticity heavily, I did it because I thought that if I act the way I would without blocks, only the people who truly respect me will remain in my life - this may be your motivation for becoming authentic. In a certain sense, I was right but authenticity goes much deeper than that as I explained earlier. If you remain in this box until you're dead, the conflict between your authentic self and your roles will cause you so much suffering. Advance at your own pace, cultivate Self-Love.

And about seeking approval. Almost every ego has this problem to at least some degree - I haven't outgrown it either. I suggest that you look into heart-centered teachings and teachers (Matt Kahn, Higher Self, etc.). Learn to give yourself the Love and Acceptance you desire :)

@Psyche_92 I knew you would like my reply if you liked the post I copied here :P

Edited by Torkys

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

The point is conquering the subconscious not beating the mind into submission to control the subconscious.  

... 7 rabbits will live forever.