Lynnel

How do you handle meaninglessness ?

25 posts in this topic

@Lynnel  "How do you handle meaninglessness ?"

Let go of the need to have a meaning. Why is there a need? Even if god told you it wouldn't satisfy you, because you just seek to avoid unknowing and confusion. Embrace these emotions with love and acceptance. Sit quietly and ask god to know his will and just listen, don't make mental noise and you will see it very clearly. It's also very simple and obvious.

It just takes time, but there is no need for meaning, as you can always create your own meaning, it just takes time, after while it will just make complete sense why you do not even need it. 

Meaninglessness cannot be grasped/apprehended because as soon as you think 'meaninglessness' there is meaning, i.e. the meaning of 'meaninglessness'. However once you dissolve in meaninglessness - thinking, fabricating and imputing having ceased - bliss may arise spontaneously without needing any meaning.

Edited by ground

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

I always find that It is very useful to see your inner belief that causes/raises these thoughts

Personally I'd go over forcing the situation to lead to the worst case scenario, ask questions such as "What this means to me", "What happens if this turns out to be true", "What would happen as worse"

In your situation, you'd ask such:

"What would it mean that if there's no meaning in this life"

I'd answer (personally, I'd for real answer) as:
This means there's no joy and joyful activity for me to do in this life.

So when you uncover the thing was hanging there and raising such thoughts, because the thoughts themselves are tricky and masks the underlying issue, you can then start to fix the issue. If you want to master how to handle this situation and master tis approach of solving your thought patterns, I'd suggest reading the book "Feeling good by David burns" you can download it for free on archive.org PDF version.

Edited by non_nothing