Emanyalpsid

The egg experiment

163 posts in this topic

I thought of an experiment to figure out if one can make a distinction between it and itself. 'It' being the universe, reality, consciousness, absolute infinity, or whatever you call it and 'itself' being the self of it. Who wants to try this experiment and see if they can figure it out? 

Take a raw chicken egg and hold it in one hand. Now most of you already know that the concept of the egg is created by the ego, therefore creating a duality. So we lose the concept. For the sake of explaining the experiment I will still refer to the egg. Now you will only see and feel the egg. The egg is there because you see and feel it. Now you didn't lay the egg, a chicken laid the egg. So before you saw and felt the egg, the egg was already there. Being shipped to the supermarket where you bought it. So you didn't create the egg, it came into your consciousness. You could deny all this and say; everything is created through my consciousness! Well could you then create anything you want? Can you let an elephant lay the egg? No, apparently your consciousness is bounded. How is it bounded? Well, something, we all call a chicken, has to lay the egg.

So you have the egg, which you do not define, in your hand. You see and feel the egg, you are conscious of the egg, but you didn't create it. It came into existence outside of your consciousness, which we just realized.

Now the goal of this experiment is to figure out if the egg exists on itself. With which I mean; is the egg there to be perceived? Can it be perceived? You see an oval object, you feel it is a hard oval object, and you see the object has a colour, which the ego could define as sand-like, or beige, or white, depending on what kind of chicken egg you have.

Probably, most people will now, subconsciously, assume that the egg exists on itself, as it is perceived. But what happens if you relax your fingers? The egg will fall on the floor. The egg which was once oval breaks into pieces. Now take another egg in your hand and ask yourself again; does the egg exist on itself?

10 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Emanyalpsid You laid the egg. 

Eggcellent! :D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Emanyalpsid You laid the egg. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Eggcellent! :D

You saw me lay the egg? Did it came out of my ass or mouth? 

I am giving up here. I wish you all the best here. I will use this website and the videos to show other people before they take DMT or any other psychedelic substance what it can lead to. Total denial and disconnection from reality. Believing you are god. It is nothing more than that.

@Emanyalpsid relax buddy

He means you and the chicken are one and the same. You are everything. The source of all eggs is you. The egg of knowledge is all that you are and all you will ever be. Namastegg

The lunaaatic is on the graaaasssss

Why did the chicken cross the road? There is no road, you are already enlightened said the Neo-Vedanta teacher. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

59 minutes ago, Barry J said:

@Emanyalpsid relax buddy

He means you and the chicken are one and the same. You are everything. The source of all eggs is you. The egg of knowledge is all that you are and all you will ever be. Namastegg

57 minutes ago, Barry J said:
9 hours ago, here-now said:

@Barry J I can't be the egg, read the experiment again. But I see I'm talking to a believer here.

@here-now don't take movies too seriously

@Outer thanks, but I don't need to be indoctrinated.

@Emanyalpsid  you got triggered. Why? Because a joke by a mod made you so. Why do you care what these guys think? They don’t know any more than you do. So who gives a fuck what some random internet people say? That’s the lesson :)

11 minutes ago, Barry J said:

@Emanyalpsid  you got triggered. Why? Because a joke by a mod made you so. Why do you care what these guys think? They don’t know any more than you do. So who gives a fuck what some random internet people say? That’s the lesson :)

Sometimes I am just astound by hos many crazy people are out there haha. The internet is a weird place. I think I'm starting to get a kick out of messing with their beliefs. I should be careful here, could create an eggo. 

7 minutes ago, Outer said:

Explain consciousness!

First, there must be consciousness. Only then can a concept of consciousness arise. The mind is an instrument of consciousness through which thoughts are perceived. That which perceives this concept of consciousness is consciousness: that is you, and not the concept that you have about consciousness. In other words; from your consciousness you can not conceptualize consciousness, for you are consciousness. 

@Rilles lol thanks, I love family Guy.

3 minutes ago, Emanyalpsid said:

Sometimes I am just astound by hos many crazy people are out there haha. The internet is a weird place. I think I'm starting to get a kick out of messing with their beliefs. I should be careful here, could create an eggo. 

And of course, youre the sane one arent you? ;) How lucky you are! 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

11 minutes ago, Emanyalpsid said:

Ahhh now you got it :)

5 minutes ago, Outer said:

Not much I disagree with that, didn't read your original post. Too much writing and not very interesting. Just skimmed over it. Tl;dr your argument pls.

Your writings are also not interesting to me.

47 minutes ago, Rilles said:

And of course, youre the sane one arent you? ;) How lucky you are! 

He who said I was sane must be mad.