Athemnajar

Successful Mentors

6 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura If a beginner wants to find a real mentor (not virtual mentor) for fitness, he could humbly approach the fittest person in any or his gym and take real advice. 

In case for money, Where he can find a real mentor (millionaire) to improve his mindset and relationship with money ?

@aurum 

Have you tried going to business networking events in your community?

Or entrepreneurship conferences? 

@Athemnajar

I'll echo what @Sahil Pandit said. He is one of the few people who have approached me for help in an intelligent way, using what he just said.

Instead of asking "how do I get a mentor?", ask yourself "how could I help a mentor?"

Golden rule: the more value someone could provide to your life, the less you can actually want from them.

One easy way to meet these people are masterminds. 99% of successful people either run a mastermind or are a part of some sort of mastermind with other successful people. However, the best masterminds are going to have barriers to entry like price, minimum revenue requirement, or are invitation only.

My guess is you're not going to be able to pass those barriers. That's fine, you're just going to have to get creative. Maybe you can volunteer at their events.

Another thing you can try is cold approaching people at networking events. Don't go to your local happy hour, that's for poor people. Go to some place where rich people actually spend their time, like a nice charity event. Befriend people, and as long as you speak the language of a person with status, there's a good chance you can meet a mentor. I've been able to connect with people who are wayyyy more successful than I am because of this.

I've also had success with Linkedin. Reach out to people who you might want to mentor, figure out what they might need and solve it.

No matter what you though, a mentor has to feel like you are worth investing their time into. They are busy people. If they see that you are not actually willing to do what it takes to achieve success or you're not implementing their advice, you've just become a black hole. They put time in and nothing comes out.

Conversely, if they tell you to do something and you happily immediately implement it, now they are going to be excited about investing in you. Because you are one of the rare people who actually can take advice and maybe has a shot of moving up.

“The best way to successfully not get a mentor is by asking someone to be your mentor.” - Ryan Holiday