Misagh

The mind after self-realization.

31 posts in this topic

This is how the mind works after self-realization: Once you become a permanent witness to the mind, it begins to operate at a more subtle level. You no longer verbalize thoughts. Your thinking process becomes much faster as concepts are finally allowed to flow as they like. I will answer any questions you might have about the mind both pre- and post-self realization.

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

@Misagh  why my mind dont see the reality clearly and keeps on getting anxious about its own negative thinking habit?

?IngitScooby ?

@Ingit Simply because the mind is a constriction of the truth. The mind will never be able to see the truth. That is not its purpose anyways. YOU are separate from the mind however. The reason you are not enlightened is because you haven't realized this. Although you do use very good language which i can use to demonstrate a point:

It's the mind that is getting anxious over its OWN negative thinking habits, not YOU. You are simply a witness to all this. Realize that. 

@IngitIf you realize what Misagh just said, even if it doesn't looks like much, you're in the process and won't be able to go back.

It's the most crucial turning point of your spiritual journey, once that point is reached, there is no turning back.

You can see this as the snowball effect, once the snowball starts to roll down (you seeing yourself as the witness and not the mind), then the snowball will roll endlessly until it gets to the pit at the end of the slope.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Feels very freat inner resistance in making my mind believe the truth

?IngitScooby ?

@Ingit Let go of the mind. The mind is a tool.  You made it! For you! Use it! Don't let it use you! If you want to build a skyscraper or write piece of code or a book, by all means, use the mind! But Realize your true nature! Look at a rock and see yourself in it. Remember your ancient past... it's easy to do! See all those lives flashing before you. Look deep into your memory... those foreign ones which you can't just make any sense out of. Those might be from your past lives! The answers are all in front of you. You are GOD. You are the omniscience. You are the omnipotence. And I am not just saying this. You really are! Realize yourself! See yourself! But be careful not to end up instead with an inflated ego. You would be missing the point then. 

11 minutes ago, Ingit said:

Feels very freat inner resistance in making my mind believe the truth

Your mind can believe the truth all it wants, it won't change anything.

Become it.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Ingit  this is all part of the process just go with it as others have said. You are sowing the seeds of awareness. YOU don’t have to do anything. The process is already in full swing

@Misagh  was this process gradual or sudden for you? For me there were steps or leaps and now a gradual unfolding and a snowballing effect as @Shin described. The home run sans seeker sans course craving

Also do you feel deepening. When did you stop seeking?

Edited by Barry J

Yes.... ?? sometimes feels a bit conflict... I am aware about the conflict but that does nothing instead make me feel more worst....I dont know what’s happening 

?IngitScooby ?

@Barry J I have been seeking from the moment I was born. I remember entering this body (as an infant) and making it my home. I forgot my true self. And I have been unconsciousness seeking for it ever since. Nowadays I have self-realized but it never stops deepening. I don't think it ever will either. 

@Misagh

I witness and am constantly dumbfounded by the fact that I actually never do anything. Things are running. I can't even predict a thing. I can imagine that I'm the doer, I'm the controller but if I just look for few seconds silently...all gone.

The recurring thoughts are like, '' I just can't accept that I'm absolutely nothing''. 

Did you go through such a period where you saw through the no self yet your reason and thought couldn't accept this direct experience and kept distracting itself with thoughts like, ''No I can't be nothing. I must be the mind, body etc''?

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@MisaghI am going through a phase where i start to notice fear in everyone around me in their behavior, actions and attitudes. I feel like this may have to do with noticing all my own fears. Some of this could be projections as well as judging others to distract myself from what is happening inside of me. Only occasionally does the noticing turn into judging, like usually when it's someone close. 

Any ways to get better at embracing fear? 

Also my mind has slowed considerably but there are days when it will never want to stop. Does/did this happen to you and how do you handle it? 

@Preetom

Did you go through such a period where you saw through the no self yet your reason and thought couldn't accept this direct experience and kept distracting itself with thoughts like, ''No I can't be nothing. I must be the mind, body etc''?

Not really no. I had never fully accepted the illusion of being an ego. I always had this sense within me that there was so much more to the truth than I was realizing. So when it finally dawned on me, it wasn't as big of a shock as many people experience. There was a "Oh okay, I always knew this but chose to ignore it." sort of situation. Also I probably was very close to self-realization in a past life (or even had achieved it in the moment of death) considering the events of my current life. 

3 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@MisaghI am going through a phase where i start to notice fear in everyone around me in their behavior, actions and attitudes. I feel like this may have to do with noticing all my own fears. Some of this could be projections as well as judging others to distract myself from what is happening inside of me. Only occasionally does the noticing turn into judging, like usually when it's someone close. 

Any ways to get better at embracing fear? 

Also my mind has slowed considerably but there are days when it will never want to stop. Does/did this happen to you and how do you handle it? 

First question: Is this question coming from Before or after basic self-realization?

Second question: Being a witness to the mind, it does not matter whether the mind is busy or quiet. It does its own thing and if I need it then I bother with it. Granted, nowadays the mind is mostly silent until I chose to use it. If you want a good method to control the mind, consider some pranayamas. Curiously, the source of the mind is the same as the breath (they both originate from the heart and are verbalized in the throat). So when you control your breath, you simultaneously control the mind. Although, self-realization is the best method to finally reign-in the mind, since if silenced only through breath control, the mind will probably return when you stop controlling the breath. 

@MisaghWhat is your definition of self-realization? seeing the absolute truth or an enlightenment experience? Or purely a conceptualized understanding? 

@DrewNows 

Self realization: Abidance in the self without identification with an ego. This is where the identification mechanisms that cause you to identify as an "I" (I-ness) has been crushed.

Turiya: A transitory state where you have seen the illusion of the ego, but can't help identifying with it because there are subtle identification mechanisms within you that need to go away.

Awakened: You have begun to question reality.

Ignorat: welp stage.