daniel695

can you still do shadow work while on anti psychotic medication?!

7 posts in this topic

hi guys. as it says at the top can you do shadow work while on anti-psychotic medication? i'm wondering because i'm on anti-psychotic medication for my psychosis?!

or is it harder?

I think so. Sean Blackwell helps people diagnosed with bipolar disorder to do holotropic breathing. I think you can do shamanic breathing even while taking antipsychotics, but I wouldn't do it by myself. I would have skilled people to help me in a safe environment (I take antipsychotics and I'm diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder).

One has to literally lose the mind and go insane, then come back and realize that; it is called awakening. 

I'd quit any drugs. Kundalini is more powerful than any psychedelic taken externally. 

Take in mind that any psychosis is an uncontrolled Kundalini reaction. 

I don't know.

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

It probably means that you should focus MORE on shadow work. Shadow work is everything from talk therapy to homework your psychologist gives you.

personally I dont believe in psychosis as a "disorder", that's black and white thinking, and many psychologists agree with this viewpoint.

See for yourself, I dont know if anyone here can give you a fulfilling answer.

I would recommend though starting from emotional mastery then moving on to shadow work. Learning techniques to cope with strong emotions, for example the book "the sedona method", you could start there. if you know how to deal with that stuff, even if a painful memory comes that might trigger a psychotic episode, it would be no big deal.

IMO emotional mastery is the basis for all spiritual and personal development.

13 hours ago, daniel695 said:

or is it harder?

|I think its definitely possible to a degree, its all about the attitude you have really.
You can do all the shadow-work in the world, but if your fundamental attitude is to avoid feeling instead of diving into all emotions and feelings no matter how scary or unbearable they are, its never gonna work on a practical level.
If you develop a practice of embracing your feelings, and more importantly embracing and supporting yourself while feeling emotions that you do not like you will start making progress in a very quick fashion. 
Actually developing this practice is what will eventually get you off your medication safely. You have to create patterns within your subconscious mind that say "it is okay to feel, I am safe to feel everything that arises within me". Once that pattern has a big enough momentum, you will automatically drop all things that are there to stop you from feeling your feelings in any way, which is one of the things meds do. 

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@daniel695 You can think of it as learning to ride a bike with practice wheels. Eventually you will give them up, but aat first you need them to find your balance :-) 

And again, I have a super clear intuition about this. Once you develop an attitude of allowing your feelings, through daily practices of self-care, through saying supportive words to yourself, self-appreciation and self-love, you will get fed up with your medication. And it will be easy to quit. 

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.