Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lynnel

Best technique to bring out more "stuff" and understand the mind more deeply ?

7 posts in this topic

The more I work on myself the more curiosities about my mind I discover : Who knew but I actually realized I have a very deep hatred for women. The point being how do you bring up your stuff to be able to notice it and to deal with it ?

There are a lot of ressources on shadow work but I never found any conclusive technique let's say. So I'm looking for something that will let me notice everything sideways with myself because I seem to be oblivious to it and it's a never ending quest.

I mean something more efficient than brute forcing it with a 10 hours daily vipassana practice or using psychedelics (which I'm gonna do). (Shamanic breathing does the trick for me sometimes but it's painful to do). The question is more is there something else ? Any obscure practice to do ? Any obscure book to read ? Or is it just a random sum of all those awareness developing practices ?

I feel like I don't understand why I desire such and such thing - it has become very obvious while growing to green how much conditionned by orange values I am which I simply accepted as solid reality before without asking myself any questions (Thus what else could be that way right now ? ) Why do I have such and such emotions, why do I think that way, etc. I really do lack some insight into the workings of the mind.

@Lynnel The Work of Byron Katie.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise Didn't like it. It's been a while since I've practiced but seemed like pointless mental gymnastics. Just doesn't fit me too well unfortunately.

Check out EFT (emotional freedom technique) Tapping. Someone posted about it recently on the forum and I’ve been trying it and absolutely loving it. It’s bringing up issues I didn’t even realize were weighing me down. Amazing, much needed therapy.

That video is specifically about your shadow side, but more generally, you tap on an issue, could be a problem, negative emotion, physical pain, etc, and that brings up underlying causes of that issue that you’re suppressing and ignoring that can be worked on. With full honesty and openness you allow aspects of yourself to be unveiled and fully love, accept, appreciate, forgive them, etc. And if necessary, you let them go, or else have them manifest in a more healthy way. 

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

@Lynnel

Life brings it up for you, everyday. You might have developed a habit like I did of categorizing important sensations as “normal or typical”; stress, tension, anger, frustration, etc. But these sensations are very important messages / communications. It is tricky, because it’s easy to operate at the level of the classic senses, but the “negative” sensations are deeper, and must be embraced to discover & access that depth. If you are looking to experience intuition, clairvoyance, facets of paranormal, psychic abilities, certain knowings, not to mention an ocean of consciousness & joy, consider reframing those “negative sensations” to messages. Just be willing to stop what you’re doing, and sit through them, breath. In doing so, the clarity will arise on it’s own. 

For the time being, you might want to check out some male teachers. Spira is dialed into the sensations. Tolle, presence & the now. When a female get’s under your skin, how it’s her fault is easy and at the ready...how it’s your fault she got under your skin, that’s the path. The conclusive techniques, are the one’s you’ve tried that worked. Different things work for different people. It is likely that ultimately what liberates you comes are many techniques from many teachers. 

Here are some obscure practices:https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

Have you read The Power of Now, or The Way of The Superior Man? Those appear to be the cream that rises to the top. 

@Faceless Is freely offering, at the very least, a piece of the puzzle you seek. If you don’t like what he’s saying, or how he says it, just imagine he’s a woman (path). 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Lynnel

Life brings it up for you, everyday. You might have developed a habit like I did of categorizing important sensations as “normal or typical”; stress, tension, anger, frustration, etc. But these sensations are very important messages / communications. It is tricky, because it’s easy to operate at the level of the classic senses, but the “negative” sensations are deeper, and must be embraced to discover & access that depth. If you are looking to experience intuition, clairvoyance, facets of paranormal, psychic abilities, certain knowings, not to mention an ocean of consciousness & joy, consider reframing those “negative sensations” to messages. Just be willing to stop what you’re doing, and sit through them, breath. In doing so, the clarity will arise on it’s own. 

For the time being, you might want to check out some male teachers. Spira is dialed into the sensations. Tolle, presence & the now. When a female get’s under your skin, how it’s her fault is easy and at the ready...how it’s your fault she got under your skin, that’s the path. The conclusive techniques, are the one’s you’ve tried that worked. Different things work for different people. It is likely that ultimately what liberates you comes are many techniques from many teachers. 

Here are some obscure practices:https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

Have you read The Power of Now, or The Way of The Superior Man? Those appear to be the cream that rises to the top. 

@Faceless Is freely offering, at the very least, a piece of the puzzle you seek. If you don’t like what he’s saying, or how he says it, just imagine he’s a woman (path). 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE