Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rilles

I Was Wrong About Meditation

10 posts in this topic

Meditation is not only about feeling good. Its going deep into your psyche like a gravedigger and pulling up all the dead relatives you thought you had forgotten about. I have felt very agitated and off balance the past few weeks purging some shit. 8 Months In. xD

Dont look at me! Look inside!

21 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Meditation is not only about feeling good. Its going deep into your psyche like a gravedigger and pulling up all the dead relatives you thought you had forgotten about. I have felt very agitated and off balance the past few weeks purging some shit. 8 Months In. xD

The results make you feel good, the practise itself often times doesn't. Same with sports i guess :D

@molosku

For me the practice is sweet and the sporadic mindfulness during the day is too but its intermixed with feelings of annoyance and madness, i feel like i have multiple personalities in the span of 5 mins, but only inside my mind though. I’m not REALLY nuts. :P I guess you could call it internal moodswings

Edited by Rilles

Meditation is the best thing you can do as a daily spiritual practice.  Then exercise (cardio and resistance), adequate sleep, and excellent diet.  Those are the big four.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Yes! The most important habit I’ve ever started, by far. I could write pages and pages about the benefits. Unfortunately people wouldnt understand unless they themselves did it daily.

@Rilles No. Meditation will not purge your shit! There have been many people who have meditated for decades and were still raging inside. You can’t just quiet your mind. It has been tried and tested by hundreds of people. It’s a dead end. You need to investigate the thoughts that are causing your suffering. Inquiry, not meditation. That is the only way to let them go. Check out The Work of Byron Katie for more on that.

Edited by How to be wise

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

The best moment are when you've done a huge lifestyle/career change , and when you move somewhere where you don't know anyone.

That sweet loneliness melted with deep hollowness, best feelings to inquire !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

@Joseph Maynor Yes! The most important habit I’ve ever started, by far. I could write pages and pages about the benefits. Unfortunately people wouldnt understand unless they themselves did it daily.

Meditation is amazing when done daily for months on end.  1 hour of do nothing meditation per day is what I do.  I like to do it in the morning if possible.  And then do my exercise routine and cook some breakfast.   I'll eat a snack before I meditate (a couple of raw carrots usually, just enough to take the edge off hunger when I wake up).  Meditation does a lot of very beneficial things for you on the Path.  I'm a fan.  I wanna meditate for the rest of my life.  It makes you feel good and it builds your keen mindfulness.

Video on point to watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor