lmfao

How to overcome feelings of betrayal and sadness?

6 posts in this topic

I feel like I've been completely stabbed in the back by people I considered to be friends for a few years now. They were fake. When it comes to negative feelings, is there nothing to do but be mindful of them? Is there anything else? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

34 minutes ago, lmfao said:

I feel like I've been completely stabbed in the back by people I considered to be friends for a few years now. They were fake. When it comes to negative feelings, is there nothing to do but be mindful of them? Is there anything else? 

Forgiving these people and understanding them as humans who are just humans not knowing how they effect others with their actions, no inherent fault of their own, conditioned by their family, friends and environment.  If a dogged barked at you really loud and scared you, would you remain hurt and mad at it for the rest of your life, or would you go oh thats just a dog, it just does dog things, forgive it and move on, and maybe love the next dog you see cause they are so cute.

Edited by Mu_

May be difficult to do but try to imagine how you would have done the same if you were in their position. And don’t judge while you’re doing it. Simple try to see how it is even possible that someone would do what has been done to you. “Tout comprendre c’est tout pardonner” - To understand all is to forgive all. Only when you truly understand - when you understand how you would also have done it - only then you can forgive. Because, what even is forgiveness? Essentially it’s the detachment or the figurative “forgetting of” certain thoughts or emotions that you have attached to a particular action of a person before. That’s why people who say that they can’t forgive someone for what they have done just simply can’t see themselves in the other person’s perspective - they can’t take it on as a part of themselves (which is also very critical/important for awakening/enlightenment work in case you’re also into that, perhaps)

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@lmfaoForgiveness is key, people are complex individuals. My best simple advice is to  release people who aren't serving  you. Find people who remind you who you are  and value you.  People  who are willingly back stabbing you comes from low consciousness. 

Edited by Basegodmike

You forgot that people can betray you every second. No matter how much you guard yourself, you can get attacked.

You have a belief which says "people won't betray me if they are 'x' or do 'y'".

The only way to face the ego is to trigger the Resistance that lies on the other side of that belief and face it without close to no Resistance.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.