Thanatos13

Don’t know what i want

72 posts in this topic

@Thanatos13

2 hours ago, Thanatos13 said:

Because nihilism is reality.

False. It's just one facet of many realities.

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

many realities, heh.

its the only one. Anything else is just a dream we project on it

For me, the only true philosophers are the ones who start with the premise that there is no 'meaning'. This subject is explored by countless writers, however I think that it is worth reading 'Every cradle is a grave: rethinking the ethics of birth and suicide' by Sarah Perry. She discusses how meaning operates and its various illusions and mechanisms. The task of constructing personal meaning, knowing it is an illusion, is an interesting path.

On 9/7/2018 at 5:52 PM, Thanatos13 said:

As much as I can remember I never really knew what I wanted to do with my life because every burning desire fades the next day.

Do you know what consistency is? habits? How to build momentum? Do you feel like nothing is possible for you like you won't be able to achieve it? Would you consider yourself as someone who takes 100% responsibility for your life and how it unfolds or do you just blame others? Do you use nihilism as an excuse to not take 100% responsibility? Do you even know what 100% responsibility is and what it entails? Why are you living someone else life and not your own? Do you understand that this is a sign of not taking 100% responsibility? 

Memento Mori

@Thanatos13 thats same as saying there is nothing physical about physicality...how so? So you dont have desire to eat sleep or be safe? And those desires makes you do stuff i dont think you dived deep if you did you would realize that you have something that drives your actions makes you love some things and hate others...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@Thanatos13 You are correct to say that life is meaningless and everything that anyone does doesn't matter. As humans we like to feel the emotion of happy. We even live as wage slaves to do this. The most logical thing to do in life is to commit suicide since it virtually solves all of your problems now and in the future and you won't regret it since you won't be able to. But our emotions prevent us from doing this. I personally choose to live as happy as possible until I die. Yes, my happiness doesn't matter but it's what I prefer out of the options I was born with. Even me posting comments on this forum doesn't matter. The forum doesn't need me. The world doesn't need the forum. The universe doesn't need the world. etc

Edited by Roman Edouard

7 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Thanatos13 thats same as saying there is nothing physical about physicality...how so? So you dont have desire to eat sleep or be safe? And those desires makes you do stuff i dont think you dived deep if you did you would realize that you have something that drives your actions makes you love some things and hate others...

It would be like a toy robot asking that. I don’t have any strong desires or the need to eat or sleep. But survival is a tricky thing.

11 hours ago, Truth said:

Do you know what consistency is? habits? How to build momentum? Do you feel like nothing is possible for you like you won't be able to achieve it? Would you consider yourself as someone who takes 100% responsibility for your life and how it unfolds or do you just blame others? Do you use nihilism as an excuse to not take 100% responsibility? Do you even know what 100% responsibility is and what it entails? Why are you living someone else life and not your own? Do you understand that this is a sign of not taking 100% responsibility? 

It wouldn’t matter if I did take responsibility. You don’t seem to get that when it’s all meaningless there is no decisions since everything is “the same”. You seem to think we have responsibility over what happens in our lives but we don’t.

I want reality Or Being, whatever, to be other than it is and I don't want to pay for it.

I want to eat ice cream sandwiches and not get fat. I want to be ripped like a sports model and not workout, or diet. I want the laws of physics, to be different for me, when I want them to be, then not be. I want people who have read at least a 100 books of world classics, to be on the forum, but make an exception for me. I want a massive extraterrestial invasion to occur. 

I want, not to want. Even though I might not know what I want. I want my EGO to be supreme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUPREME!!!!!!!!!!!

I want a Pony.( What the mongols had them and they were badass, therefore badass)

An invisibility cloak would be fun. I want one.

4 hours ago, Thanatos13 said:

It wouldn’t matter if I did take responsibility. You don’t seem to get that when it’s all meaningless there is no decisions since everything is “the same”. You seem to think we have responsibility over what happens in our lives but we don’t.

Why do you justify and defend nihilism so much? What has it ever done for you?

Memento Mori

On 7/9/2018 at 8:29 PM, Thanatos13 said:

Either way I asked for help because there is a little bit left inside that doesn’t wish for death. But eventually that will fade away. But I seems like I’ll get none here, and everywhere else didn’t help either.

@Thanatos13 Lol, of course nothing's going to help with that attitude!! n_ n 

There are stages of going through this emptiness.. to me it looks like you might be going to the "I'll refute everything and anything anyone says because I can logically do it", or you'll refute it until you find that needle-in-the-hay comment that resonates... this means your locus of control is external. In my humble opinion it may be useful for you to develop an internal locus of control. It may be useful for you to find inspiration. It may be useful for you to find contrast, come to my country and see what you can do to help, for example. It may be useful to destroy who you think you are, that trap in your mind, and rebuild something that inspires you... inspiration... it's not gonna be easy though, that's how you'll know it's worthwhile. I dunno man, you could write, that useful for sorting things out.. you could put yourself in challenging situations if that will make you go... be creative man! 

Good luck! and don't get all emo on my with victimizing thoughts like "oh poor me, none of the advice I receive is useful" . ;) ;)

Edited by Salcedoop

On 9/9/2018 at 2:04 AM, Truth said:

@Truth tru dat! xDD but.. I'm beginning to thing that by design most people can't see it nor will they be able to. 

*it's a challenge, do you accept it? 

@Thanatos13

Nonsense, all nonsense. 

What don’t you want?

Honestly. 

This is simple, overthinking makes it appear complicated. 

FIrst get honest, stopping bullshitting yourself with nihilism, etc. 

And what don’t you want?

You hated me a hundred miles away. Why? What do I represent?

What don’t you want?

And for God’s sake change your name. Attract any ‘darkness’ lately?

Time to wake up buddy. 

What don’t you want?

I make a great punching bag. Time to wake up and start living. 

You are Heracles, too. 

What don’t you want?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE