Hello from Russia

Do you exercise when fasting?

6 posts in this topic

Title.

Not talking about short term fasts which are common in bodybuilding community nowadays but more of a 1d, 2d, 3d 7d fasts

Edited by Hello from Russia

not the best idea IMO. You will most likely already struggle with energy levels during a long term fast and should conserve as much energy as possible. Long fast should be aimed at healing and cleansing. Exercise is neither as it produces acids in the body that take a lot of effort and energy to be buffered. 

Of course light walks and yoga are perfectly fine :) just don't go doing heavy heart pounding, hard breathing workout. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

You can exercise if you do intermittent fasting or half-day dry fasting or 1 day water fast. But You can't exercise while doing long-term dry fasting or water fasting it might put you in hospital.

Edited by Your place at Heart

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)

nope. i only fast when i feel my digestive system sick.

unborn Truth

I do the Islamic fast (Ramadan) and I am a professional dancer. And believe me when I tell you it's the best time of the year to practice for me.

As a dancer most of the movement is body weight + cardio. Practicing while fasting puts me in the best shape ever. It's only the first two days that are extremely challenging though. sometimes I cannot continue for more than 30 minutes. But it's after those two days that your body adapts. For the rest of the month I continue practicing the same way I do when I am not fasting (two hours approximately) all done on empty stomach.

I feel that not just I lost some weight (in a healthy way) + I gained endurance and strength, but also I do feel that my body got cleansed. Especially If make sure I eat clean when the sun sets (when you break your fast) I always recommend it to everyone because it works perfectly for me. Hope this helped.