Leona

5 meo DMT - changes after peak?

13 posts in this topic

I took bufo (which is basically the natural form of 5meo) a couple of times and it was unimaginable. Absolutely beyond explanation.

I observed my mind coming back and the experience melting away each time. I gained profound insights and incredible amounts of love each time. But to me it feels like a teaser that doesn't last and I was wondering if there are examples, other than Martin Ball, where people stayed in that peak state?

@Leo Gura did taking 5meo dmt a couple of times in a row during your retreat change your perception long term? I mean obviously it is infinitely enriching, but on a day to day level, did it really make a change for you?

In my opinion, yes. I think that psychedelics (especially 5meo) are capable of inducing long term shifts of perception, and even enlightenment. I have broken through on 5meo once, and it completely changed how I perceive reality.

However, I wouldn’t go into taking psychedelics with that expectation. That’s the ego still trying to get somewhere, when the goal is to identify what the ego really is. What happened with me was I got this permanent shift in perception, but I still couldn’t make sense of it. My ego was still intact and in control. My body and mind needed time to integrate what I experienced during that trip. It’s been almost two years, and I’m still integrating that experience.

I would approach taking psychedelics knowing that they will give you deep insights into nonduality; but don’t expect permanent enlightenment from them immediately (not saying it can’t happen though). These deep insights will probably require lots of integration, but they will for sure speed up your awakening process if you are openminded enough. I wouldn’t try to rush your awakening, your body, mind, and ego need time to process that shit ;)

@Pure Imagination  word. Of course I'm not expecting a permanent peak after 3 trips ;) but still I'm expecting a lot in little time, I guess. I feel that my system is working really hard already, on conscious and unconscious levels. I'm just a little impatient because these experiences were ...no words.

Beyond any expectations I'm just curious how it affects other people, because I don't know a lot of people who took 5 meo, and especially very conscious people who took it more than 3-4 times.

To get what you want, start doing Kriya yoga.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What do you mean by natural form?

5-MeO-DMT IS found naturally.

Bufotenin is 5-HO-DMT.

Data is kinda weak on the differences of these two substances, but I imagine they are miniscule.

Edited by Shadowraix

@Leona I've had similar experiences. 5-meo-dmt takes me from a grounded Green/yellow to groundless Turquoise. The direct experience is so beyond that of my Green center. I can't integrate it or make sense of it from a Green-centered perspective. The experience fades and the conditioned mind returns. Yet, there is something that remains. The experience cannot fully be unexperienced. The Turquoise pops up here and there during my day. Other times, I feel a deep yearning to let go of all the bullshit in my mind and a yearning to return to Turquoise. To return home. To that which IS.

I'm curious what it would be like to do it on consecutive days.

Shulgin has a great quote ... 

“You must be careful because sometimes you bend something that doesn’t unbend.”

Abusing/using psychedelics too often leads to an experience that teaches one to not abuse them anymore... very self-regulating for those who get a little too cocky.

@Shadowraix  natural = found in nature (plants, animals) versus synthetic lab made 5-meo. the differences in molecules makes 5-meo + bufotenin completely different drugs.  They may be close in chemistry, but the effects are profoundly different.

8 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Leona I've had similar experiences. 5-meo-dmt takes me from a grounded Green/yellow to groundless Turquoise. The direct experience is so beyond that of my Green center. I can't integrate it or make sense of it from a Green-centered perspective. The experience fades and the conditioned mind returns. Yet, there is something that remains. The experience cannot fully be unexperienced. The Turquoise pops up here and there during my day. Other times, I feel a deep yearning to let go of all the bullshit in my mind and a yearning to return to Turquoise. To return home. To that which IS.

I'm curious what it would be like to do it on consecutive days.

There's a bit of reverse tolerance with 5-meo, I find that once you hit your sweet spot, you won't likely return until you've integrated the experience.

2 hours ago, markusrabbius said:

@Shadowraix  natural = found in nature (plants, animals) versus synthetic lab made 5-meo. the differences in molecules makes 5-meo + bufotenin completely different drugs.  They may be close in chemistry, but the effects are profoundly different.

Not talking from experience or actual chemical knowledge, but when doing extensive research on 5-Meo, I found many people (even well experienced facilitators) say that there is no difference in the effect of bufotenin vs. synthetic. Bufotenin will get you 5-Meo, synthetic will give you 5-Meo and should the dose be right, you get a full blown non-dual experience out of both. Where is your claim coming from that they are "completely different drugs"?

Bufotinine is not 5-MeO at all and would give a totally different trip.

What you mean is smoked toad venom vs synthetic 5-MeO. They should be very similiar.

Pure bufotinine is another chemical and gives weird visual trips.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Bufotinine is not 5-MeO at all and would give a totally different trip.

What you mean is smoked toad venom vs synthetic 5-MeO. They should be very similiar.

Pure bufotinine is another chemical and gives weird visual trips.

From what my facilitator told me, and she is very experienced, synthetic is much more powerful than toad venom, I think she said 60mg of venom is equivalent to about 15-20mg of synthetic from what I remember.

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com

@Vladimir Yes, of course.

Pure 99.9% 5-MeO-DMT is FIRE! I get chills up my spine just imagining the powder. I get flashbacks and butterflies in my stomach just smelling it.

It is the closest thing to a holy substance.

27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Vladimir 

Pure 99.9% 5-MeO-DMT is FIRE! I get chills up my spine just imagining the powder. I get flashbacks and butterflies in my stomach just smelling it.

It is the closest thing to a holy substance.

Oooh, do tell. HCL? Freebase? ROA?