Emerald

Building Backlinks - Question

16 posts in this topic

Hi all! Does anyone here with experience and success with driving traffic to a site, have any suggestions for building backlinks? 

I have been dabbling in it a bit recently, by finding blogs with that relate to my channel's niche and commenting on them. Then I fill out the Name/URL option, so that when people click on my name it links to my channel. 

That said, I've seen a lot of other methods in my research, and I'm not sure which are the best ones to focus on and which ones won't yield that much or are just unadvisable.

So, if there is anyone who has recommendations, I would definitely appreciate it.

@Leo Gura I don't know if you'd want to share your method for creating backlinks or point me to some reputable resources since our niche is similar. But if you did, that would be awesome.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

3 hours ago, d0ornokey said:

I'm not sure about back links, but I know one thing Leo did was he posted his videos on reddit to various subreddits: https://www.reddit.com/user/leogura

Thank you for the suggestion! :)

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@d0ornokey Also, do you know how many people were subscribed to those subreddits off-hand? 

Emotionalmastery.org

Building artificial backlinks is not a good idea these days. Google is smart about catching you and penalizing you for it.

You can actually get your website blacklisted forever if you build too many artificial backlinks.

That era to do that kind of stuff was 10 years ago. Google has gotten a lot smarter.

No-follow links don't count at all, and making links on blog comment sections is a no-no these days. Google knows what you're doing. Quality links must come from the body of the page, not the comment section.

These days I would assume that almost all social media links are no-follow. Which means they don't count.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

38 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Building artificial backlinks is not a good idea these days. Google is smart about catching you and penalizing you for it.

You can actually get your website blacklisted forever if you build too many artificial backlinks.

That era to do that kind of stuff was 10 years ago. Google has gotten a lot smarter.

No-follow links don't count at all, and making links on blog comment sections is a no-no these days. Google knows what you're doing. Quality links must come from the body of the page, not the comment section.

These days I would assume that almost all social media links are no-follow. Which means they don't count.

I don't mean artificial backlinks like spamming people. I mean that I have been going to blogs, posting quality content that is relevant to the blog and putting my info in the Name/Url box on the part where you fill out your information. So, I don't have any direct links to my channel in the actual comment, just in the personal information box... similar to the signature that I have on here. So, my impression is that this is fair game. But if you believe that this will hurt my channel, then let me know. 

So, how do you recommend that I get quality backlinks? The methods that I've heard of are the one I mentioned above, reporting broken backlinks and suggesting new ones (including my own), guest blogging, creating infographics for other sites and linking it to my website, and a few others that don't come to mind right away. 

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Getting quality backlinks is hard. That's the whole point. It's a full-time job and it's quite tedious to do.

I would focus more on content and other forms of marketing. For example, getting on popular podcasts is good for getting your name out there. Or writing guest blog posts. Or giving public speeches.

There is no easy solution to marketing. Marketing is hard, time-consuming, and expensive because it is so valuable.

It's also very hard to market something which isn't Purple Cow. Make sure you're bringing something new to the table.

Success in business requires extreme creativity. You cannot just copy what other people did. You must innovate. You are being paid to innovate, and if you cannot do that, then your business will not succeed.

Your job, as CEO, is to come up with new original strategies. That's why they pay you the big bucks (or at least they will if you succeed). This is why only highly ambitious and extraordinary people can start businesses. Most people only know how to paint by numbers and follow others. Entrepreneurship is about leadership. You gotta find cutting-edge emerging opportunities in the marketplace and creatively exploit them.

No one can tell you what these new original strategies are. Because if they knew, they'd have your job. You gotta do lots of research and connect dots.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Emerald Getting quality backlinks is hard. That's the whole point. It's a full-time job and it's quite tedious to do.

I would focus more on content and other forms of marketing. For example, getting on popular podcasts is good for getting your name out there. Or writing guest blog posts. Or giving public speeches.

There is no easy solution to marketing. Marketing is hard, time-consuming, and expensive because it is so valuable.

It's also very hard to market something which isn't Purple Cow. Make sure you're bringing something new to the table.

Success in business requires extreme creativity. You cannot just copy what other people did. You must innovate. You are being paid to innovate, and if you cannot do that, then your business will not succeed.

Your job, as CEO, is to come up with new original strategies. That's why they pay you the big bucks (or at least they will if you succeed). This is why only highly ambitious and extraordinary people can start businesses. Most people only know how to paint by numbers and follow others. Entrepreneurship is about leadership. You gotta find cutting-edge emerging opportunities in the marketplace and creatively exploit them.

No one can tell you what these new original strategies are. Because if they knew, they'd have your job. You gotta do lots of research and connect dots.

I get a pretty good view to conversion rate. Probably about 1 in 50 new viewers subscribe. So, I do think it's unique and marketable. I just would need to get it in front of more people. Currently I'm getting about 42,000 views per month. I usually rank pretty well in YouTube search, but not in Google search. And every source that I've researched into has recommended creating backlinks to rank well there. But I will see about doing some more collaborations and guest blogging. 

Emotionalmastery.org

Do you use online tools like Ahrefs and Semrush? Research there what others are doing and how they are doing it. You can write guest articles in other blogs for free and ask if they can feature you with a do-follow link or if you have money - buy some link from reputable websites. Consider building links from high quality websites like wikipedia and other medias, there is a way, because many ppl do it.

13 hours ago, JillCoco said:

Do you use online tools like Ahrefs and Semrush? Research there what others are doing and how they are doing it. You can write guest articles in other blogs for free and ask if they can feature you with a do-follow link or if you have money - buy some link from reputable websites. Consider building links from high quality websites like wikipedia and other medias, there is a way, because many ppl do it.

Thank you! I will try this.

Emotionalmastery.org

Emerald

You should learn how to code so you can develop the best looking website ever.  With your artistic background, you could do a killer job.  Make the most awesome website that any Personal Development teacher has online.  That’s where I would start.  That’s your foundation. 

Regarding making money, you should just start pitching your life coaching services now.  Don’t wait until you’re ready, you’re ready now.

Follow Leo’s path as a model — but you’ll also need to create and develop a killer website like Leo has too.  Leo had a background in programming which helped him create and develop a custom killer website; you’ll need to gain those coding skills, which you can do a little bit every day.  

STRATEGY

1.  Greate and develop a killer website that allows people to log in etc. (work on coding a little bit every day) (Check out Jordan Peterson’s Website as an example).  Set Learning Coding for one hour per day as a Daily Task.

https://jordanbpeterson.com/

2.  Create lots of high quality videos (you’re already doing this, just continue to do it) — Do more videos that are tailored to Life Purpose Work and Personal Development Work.

*3.  Start to pitch your life coaching services now (this is something you can do now)

4.  Sell courses that you create just like Leo did with his Life Purpose Course (this will become easier to do once you get your killer website built) (Check out Jordan Peterson’s Self Authoring Course)

https://www.selfauthoring.com/

https://www.understandmyself.com/

5.  Write a book and sell that (write a little bit every day).  See Evan Carmichael’s book as an example.

https://www.amazon.com/Your-One-Word-Powerful-Creating/dp/014310909X

Joseph

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Thank you for the advice! :)

Emotionalmastery.org

Use monkey brain to your favor. Nowadays YouTube is okay with click-bait videos. I've shown you the door.

Leo's story is a whole different thing. He has already have true followers and he has been in there for years so he already have his back-end strong. He can literally pop-up quite much every search you make about life problems.

On 8/26/2018 at 2:18 PM, non_nothing said:

Use monkey brain to your favor. Nowadays YouTube is okay with click-bait videos. I've shown you the door.

Leo's story is a whole different thing. He has already have true followers and he has been in there for years so he already have his back-end strong. He can literally pop-up quite much every search you make about life problems.

That's true. I normally title my videos to pop up at the top of search results but not really use clickbait to entice people to click. And I do okay with this.

Perhaps I should start doing more of this attention grabbing titling since I already have quite a few subs, and try to get the ones I already have to watch my videos more as I release them. I have 16k subs and I normally get between 1500 and 2500 views after the video is a month or so out from its release, with about 60% of the views coming from my subscribers. 

But I was more-so inquiring with Leo about backlinks because he was talking about them in his first video he ever released. He was talking about them in relation to his old business and how successful it became because of backlinks. So I just figured that's what he did to get so many views on his videos with Actualized.org as well... in fact I'm pretty sure it is. 

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Actually you shouldn't be worried about your views. Don't know your niche but If you're not doing it on solely for money purposes, and if you're enjoying what you're doing, then just do it. You just create a barrier or obstacle that you think "I'm not getting results because views bla bla". This wastes your energy. Instead the wiser thing is to abandon this thought and use this energy and time to create more stuff, videos.

EDIT: It's okay to get more views, or work on that a bit. But don't just be hard ass on that or spend I'd say more than even 5% time-energy to this.

Edited by non_nothing