now is forever

random jungle noise

1,120 posts in this topic

Well, you're only disturbing me if I say so 9_9. We need to learn to communicate properly without suffering.
Since we seem to be stuck together, why not make it a learning opportunity?

Also, isn't your will to comment on my mind stuff - your mind stuff? Why not talk about it?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki because it’s not my MIND stuff.

is it easier to talk about my non mind stuff than your non mind stuff?

Edited by now is forever

Sigh, mind, feelings, movements interexist.
Why not talk about your feelings about my mind stuff then?
Feelings that compel you to comment.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

well at first i just got the feeling i need to disturb you. it was not really an egoic feeling but at the same time it was.

it was just an intuition - maybe the wrong one?

let‘s just leave it at that ok. i‘m maybe not the right person to reflect on your mind stuff - i just saw some emotional stuff.

It's okay. See you later in my journal ;).

12 hours ago, now is forever said:

just thought about the gentrification and the constant discussion about integration of foreigners in germany. and about the concept of disintegration. 

and somehow i thought what is the shadow of the spiral? and how to integrate that: spiral dynamics disintegral.

i realize how strange that sounds - as spiral dynamics seems to integrate every perspective, is it able to integrate the concept of disintegration?

when i think closely about it, i think spiral dynamics doesn’t make sense, without disintegration. it is disintegration through integration and integration through disintegration.

what‘s ultimatively disintegrated is the word „normal“ „always“ „must“ it is the disintegration of the imperativ.

that doesn‘t mean there is nothing that needs to be done, on the contrary.

Edited by now is forever

was searching for music this morning and found this really interesting not really my taste music but i liked the madness and the lyric.

When the world was travelling faster and faster
Two colors became just a blur
And the buildings were falling, plaster from plaster
'Til things just weren't what they were

What could save mankind from man?
When the blind the blind overran
From this scene of confused devastation
Came the great spontaneous apple creation

And a speck in the sky grew to a cloud
And fishes flew and laughed aloud
And hamsters grew wings and flew on the doors
And rich wine was sweated from every man's pores
And 3,000 people ate one strawberry

And the cloud grew green and pushed out a stalk
And the chairs grew suede boots and started to walk
And the strong silent ones began to talk
And three million people told butter from stork

And the cloud grew greener and greener and harder
'Til it reminded all those there of something from the larder
And suddenly it was there and in each and every land
Each man, beast, and creature had an apple in his hand
And from that day came a new recreation
The great spontaneous apple creation!

What could save mankind from man?
When the blind the blind overran
From this scene of confused devastation
Came the great spontaneous apple creation
(apple creation)

Edited by now is forever

once more, lost in translation, even though i said transformation was coming soon. but let’s be honest, we are constantly lost in both.

Edited by now is forever

bought an old math book last week. it’s really amazing - there is almost no math inside.

as you can see, a little bug has been feeding on it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

it‘s really basics but i like it.

Edited by now is forever

1 hour ago, now is forever said:

there is almost no math inside.

@now is forever Describe your experience of mathematics.
What is 'normal' mathematics like and how is that book different?

10 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@now is forever Describe your experience of mathematics.
What is 'normal' mathematics like and how is that book different?

mh it‘s more like basic problem solving. it‘s more geometry...mh it’s more like an observation method, a basis for experimenting.

it‘s actually a book for teachers.

it‘s explaining heuristic methods.

Edited by now is forever

7 minutes ago, now is forever said:

mh it‘s more like basic problem solving. it‘s more geometry...mh it’s more like an observation method, a basis for experimenting.

@now is forever Are you talking about the book here, or about mathematics?

34 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@now is forever Are you talking about the book here, or about mathematics?

i don’t talk about the mathematics because it’s very ambivalent - i mean i didn’t learn some math but then i learned design. 

so it feels more like design than math. so i won‘t use it to solve math problems.

funny, look what’s written on the back:

image.jpg

Edited by now is forever

2 minutes ago, now is forever said:

i don’t talk about the mathematics because it’s very ambivalent - i mean i didn’t learn some math but then i learned design.

@now is forever This book is about mathematics.
What you say about 'the book' is also true about its contents.

Mathematics is a language of observation. What they teach in schools is a mechanical way to operate within mathematics.
The creative process lies in describing reality using this language. The rest is mostly trivial.

29 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@tsuki do i seem that dumb?

No, but apparently I am that dumb. Sorry.

Edited by tsuki

@tsuki no it’s ok - i made myself dumb:ph34r:the thing is, math as a discipline sometimes acts as if it would exist without the phenomenon it was derived from - but then the discipline forgets math is just a language to describe something that is, or to use something that is differently. without the phenomenon math is like old greec or latin.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever One thing is to mesh mathematics with everyday situations, and another is make it internally interconnected.
I find both of these things important.

Making it mesh with the mundane makes it fresh and vibrant, but interconnectedness creates unexpected perspectives.
It's great that I have people that dedicate their lives to increase the interconnectedness of my favorite language.
Creating connections is one thing, but finding useful ones is an art in of itself. It's like navigating a library of maps, without a map.

It may seem like it's dead ancient thing of monstrous size from the outside, but it's actually pretty cozy once you get used to its weirdness.

Edited by tsuki