Revolutionary Think

Never Ending Journey or is there a Promise Land?

9 posts in this topic

So the main reason people (especially stage blue people) join religion is because of the eternal rewards (heaven) that await them when they finally pass away. For any amount of time, effort, energy, cost, and/or stepping outside of a comfort zone people invest in anything it's usually to get them one step closer to a certain goal. This happened with religion in the bronze age now it's happening with the education system in the digital age. Students taking on debt to go to University for degrees that will hardly get them anywhere in life. So with this entire self-actualization stuff it made me happy when I found out about it but, now it just seems like a never ending desert with mirages everywhere. Even for @Leo Gura when he said he had his enlightenment experiences he still says things about life can still bother him. Also there are different levels of enlightenment and even when you are enlightened that doesn't mean that you're good to go in terms of no more pain, sadness or depression (correct me if I'm wrong). I guess what I'm really saying is that my main goal is to reach somewhere where pain, anger, depression, and suffering are gone and done in my life. It just seems like though when Leo releases new content it seems like there is so much more to know and learn that it gets a bit overwhelming and it's like with some kind of new thing all the time we constantly have to start back at square one (for those of you who played video games and one day all you progress is erased you know how that can feel).

On the flip side of it though once a Promise land/ end game etc. is reached where to go after that? It reminds me of a Futurama episode where Professor Farnsworth was so happy he figured out everything about the Universe and he said there were no more questions left to answer. Then when he thought about it again about there being no more questions left to answer he became depressed because all he did was answer questions and there was nothing left for him to do. It kind of reminds me of video games I enjoy playing. I'm so excited to be playing them and fighting the enemies and then I get to the final boss I defeat the final boss but, once I'm done doing that I don't touch the video game after that if I do touch the video game after that it's to do all the side quests then I'll do all the side quests get a perfect on all the side quests and then the game has no more replay value. 

It's quite the paradox with all this self-actualization enlightenment stuff. On one hand I'm looking to "beat the game" on the other hand what do I do when I "finish the game?." At this point I'm even wondering if there's anyway of beating a game that has infinite levels and infinite bosses? It's like one of those olden games like pong where the point is to beat the computer by scoring points against it except the scoreboard just goes on forever til the rest of eternity. I don't know maybe the point is to just enjoy the journey with out wanting to "beat it". Wonder the desert in a way that's fun and exciting and brings you happiness? I'm very confused but, maybe I should just embrace the confusion as the absolute infinity and instead of being bothered by it use it as a helper? I'm wondering in 10 or 20 years down the line some ultimate amazing answer will be reached that'll move humanity closer to enlightenment. Or if this actualized.org stuff will somehow go mainstream and when it does I could say that I was happy to join it before everyone else knew about it. All I'm really looking to at this point is to fulfill my life purpose and to live a life where my pain and suffering is out of the picture or at least very minimal. What do y'all think. 

Wouldn't the promised land of self-actualization be when you "go back" to your ordinary life (packed with so much wisdom and instruments in your "backpack") that every ordinary moment and even uncomfortable situations feel like bliss, because you never forget how incredibly magical it is to be alive?

@Wasem My parents are Iranian but, I was born in LA. The only reason I'm interested in this end suffering stuff is because for most of my life as a youth I had no control over most things. I suffered in school because the work was too much, the teachers were boring, and I didn't relate to most of my classmates. Then my parents were also divorced so that meant that not only did I live with my grandma and my grandpa in a house in a place where it was only possible to get to by car and there were only houses as far as the eye can see. I also had to deal with both my mom and my dad and their families constantly saying bad things to me about each other. I also didn't have any brothers or sisters that I could talk to about any of it and no internet access at that time either. I was in a very dark very depressing place at that time. 

I do agree though that what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. The thing is though I never want to feel as if I am trapped in a place of suffering and their is no way out. 

@Revolutionary Think I don't know how much you're into spirituality right now, but if you're honestly considering that question, I highly recommend reading "Runaway Realization" by A.H. Almaas. It's talking about this in greatest detail. Basically that no, there is never an end to discovery and realization. Because the Truth has infinite facets, inifinte ways of manifesting itself and you can always learn more from it. That's where the beauty lies, the endless potential of Truth and Life. It's quite a fascinating book. And this comes from an author who reached what many consider the "highest stages" of realization a long time ago.

If you're just looking for "reducing suffering" you won't come far. This is only on the surface level. If you really want to be free of suffering, there is no way around looking for the truth. At some point it's not only about emotions anymore, it's about truth for truth's sake.

I know that's not what you're asking for but that's how it goes. I just want to give you a push you might need to undergo this journey. No surface level work will fulfill you in the long run. Much love to you!

@Revolutionary Think Not sure what you're asking for specifically (what do you mean with "all of this").
What I can tell you is that from the day on I made the commitment to go for what is true and not what feels good, I felt a lot better! Simultaneously much more suffering and negative emotions were coming up (and still do) since it's bubbling up to the conscious. But only then can it really be worked through and only then is it possible to see what's really there and dissolve it.

I have no idea in what position you're in regarding this work. But from your statement above I can only give you the advice that you take a wholesome approach. Don't just try to feel better and ignore the rest of this work. No matter your external situation, there is so much to discover inside.

If you're really commiting yourself to this work, you can eventually transcend all suffering. I'm far away from that point yet but even within some years of doing the work, life has not been the same for me. It gained a whole nother dimension. You have all the tools you need. 

Edited by peanutspathtotruth