Echoes

Shower Gel

7 posts in this topic

This morning I was showering and when I was about to grab the shower gel it hit me out of nothing that for years I was rubbing my body with a bunch of chemicals I don't even know. Suddenly I was really disgusted with the idea of using this to "clean" my body. Never really thought about it before to be honest, and it came so out of the blue, like waking up from a long unconscious robotic routine.

My question: Are you guys and girls using some special organic shower gel or something? Is is worth it or am I exaggerating? Maybe some even use water only? I mean in past times and in parts of the world people didn't and don't have shower gel neither.

There are all sorts of alternative products on the market. Make sure to avoid Parabens, SLS, Sulfites, Alluminium (especially important to avoid in deodorants for ladies) and Alcohol (that list is much longer but can't remember more). The less ingredients the better. There are a lot of these soapy types of products that you rub on your head &body when wet, that are made from herbal ingredients like levander or eucalyptus, do a bit of a research and find a reputable conscious company, these will be small businesses, often they sell on Amazon as they have no distribution infrastructure of their own.  

One thing I've noticed is that these products don't really give you the smooth feeling on your hair as all the chemical ones so using something like Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil or Coconut oil on your hair every once in while may also help. 

also agreed with @Feel Good, some households instal reverse osmosis filters to get a pure water but that can be pricey. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I use water mostly. Sometimes some hemp/coconut oil soap with chamomile, lavender and similar relaxing essential oil scents but when you are clean, there is really no need but what nature has already provided. If your water is clean and your body is clean, you will never smell bad or need anything else.

I sometimes use a Aloe/Rosewater/MSM mist spray after a shower but yeah... I have found overtime the less i use, the cleaner and more vibrant i am.

Nature is perfect, our bodies are perfect especially if you use the best fuel and surround ourselves in a healthy environment.

In spring/summer time when i eat mostly or only fruits, my sweat smells like citrus no joke.

B R E A T H E

@Echoes great question, well it depends on what you can afford, I live in the UK and use 'faith in nature' on my hair and body products which as @Michael569 said has no SLS, parabens etc and also makes your hair looks glistening and proper unlike when you use the other non-organic stuff. I mean for me it barely costs more than buying normal stuff as you can usually find their products on clearance on different stores, for example, I spent £7 on this coconut FIN product for hair and it has lasted me the whole year so far (and I wash my hair with shampoo every 3-4 days or so), so it is incredibly cheap really! If you are washing your body and hair every day however (not needed) then it will become very expensive I would imagine lol. I also use 'natura siberica products' for my shower gel/body wash and this also makes your skin feel properly healthy!

Thanks guys!

I think for now I'm going with reducing the days of using shower gel and buying some organic stuff after I have done a little research on what really is good. Don't think there is much I can do about the water, always believed it's relatively clean because of the safety standards and control of tap water.

I ordered soap from here yesterday:

https://grondyke-soap-company.myshopify.com

It claims it does not have all the chemicals usually found in deodorant and shower gel. So it should not negatively effect your testosterone. 

I will let you know how it goes. 

I came across the product when I was watching the YouTube channel Entrepreneurs in cars. From a guy called Richard Cooper, who is one of those Red Pill guys. 

I had been thinking about this for a while as well, how chemicals negatively effect us, so I thought I would give it a try.