sleeperstakes

Ways to gain wisdom?

9 posts in this topic

So I've been thinking a lot recently and I think one of the best self actualisation techniques (for me at least) is obtaining as much wisdom about life as possible. 

An example from Leo might be "awareness alone is curative"

Another might be 

"Always do what is emotionally most difficult" 

I've found that by embodying these nuggets of wisdom I have seen exponential gains across all areas of my life. 

Are there any specific resources, books, lectures, YouTube videos/channels, techniques, habits, philosophies, teachers, gurus etc that have helped any of you gain these kind of massive paradigm shifts in how you view your life and how you act in it?

What things have you found that resonate well with you?

What are the most valuable things you have found during your research?

polar thinking is huge

and even more valuable is the actual personal experience of actively going through and/or pushing yourself towards the opposite extremes of any particular duality

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

Destroying all knowledge is wisest thing to do :)

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

1 hour ago, sleeperstakes said:

Ways to gain wisdom?

failure

unborn Truth

do as much stupid shit as you can;)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Why do you want wisdom? Feel like you want something else but you've been thinking that's the only way around you can solve that.

5 hours ago, non_nothing said:

Why do you want wisdom? Feel like you want something else but you've been thinking that's the only way around you can solve that.

@non_nothing because the wisdom I have gained so far as allowed me to actually understand all the personal development, spiritual, philosophical lessons that Leo and others speak about on more than an intellectual level. It's like you can see the world in so many new ways, I just become a lot more competent at everything and it helps me create a more accurate map of reality. It had been by far the most effective method to improving my health, life purpose, habits, and confidence so far. I feel like those with more wisdom can get a better "big picture" view and have that intuition about things that aren't gained any other way. Pure knowledge is useless unless you have the mental frameworks to know what to do with it.

@non_nothing in fact, I'd say that all life coaching, therapy and to a certain extent self help is, is a method to more effectively channel information or "knowledge" through your mental models, which become more accurate with more wisdom. Wisdom is much more useful than knowledge.