Widdle Puppy

Is enlightenment just a waste of time?

49 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Widdle Puppy said:

settle for a decent life? seems like my life would be better focusing on raising myself, getting more money and ensuring a long and fun life

Yes, I agree. I tried to say this toward the beginning of your thread and posted some links.

What I'm trying to say overall is, take it step by step and don't overthink. That's only a distraction. When everyone walks their basic life path, it will not be the same at all. For example, we have different professions, right? Everyone does not become a doctor. So, tell me something, logically speaking--at such a basic level, we are all unique with different characteristics and professions. Do you really think that if you discover your spiritual path, that it will be the same as someone else's? No way.

38 minutes ago, Widdle Puppy said:

if there is no point to anything and no good or bad or no shoulds then whatever, why not just chase my cravings and live with my ego?

Do it!!

You're so lucky to be able to crack this code man. 

''Earn money, fu*k bitches, repeat''- That's the name of the game :P

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

4 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

I have tried psychedelics, and it gave me lots of bizarre delusions. Weirder things than pink elephants. And I also almost committed suicide.

Man... I am sorry to hear that. I apologize for assuming, you didn't try psychedelics, it just appeared that way from your post since I have never seen pink elephants or anything close to that on psychs. Psychedelics can definitely be challenging. I have also contemplated suicide from many angles myself many times with and without psychedelics.

Delusions are definitely possible on psychedelics, but I see that as coming from the mind and not psychedelics themselves. It's better to ignore all of those interpretation - quiet the mind- and embrace breathing and being.

35 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Wow, I strongly disagree on that. There is absolutely no fun in life, so my only choice is enlightenment. I'm pretty convinced that this "reality" which we live in is "hell", it definitely is that for me. All "hell" reports from many who try psychedelics also confirm it, including mine.

I have no life, there's nothing to look forward to, I would rather be dead, but I cannot die (too coward to end my life, or something else is preventing me from killing myself.), so enlightenment is a no brainer.

Someone who isn't yet honestly convinced about Enlightenment, he/she does need to play this ''earn money, fuck bitches, repeat'' game for a while to find out if that is really the holy grail or not :P

And if you're already convinced and shooting for Enlightenment all the way, make sure you're educating yourself properly about the main works of Enlightenment form quality sources while leaving as much bullshit out as possible. It's so easy to waste decades on this so called spiritual path masquerading as an attempt to escape from life 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

You cant waste an illusion, its all fun and games :)

B R E A T H E

You never know, the pattern itself could trigger something within, there's divine reason for everything. One Love :)

B R E A T H E

@Mikael89

Whatever you're going through right now, hope it gets better. For enlightenment work, hold this conviction firmly that you're not an experience. Your true self is not an experience, object. Whatever you can perceive is not you. 

Contemplate on this idea as much as you can while honestly exploring your own present experience or while doing self inquiry.

What you are, the Absolute..it is untouched by any experience that arises. Hope you discover the freedom in that in your own experience, deeply rooted in your heart

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

14 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Yes, thanks.

Although everything perceived is a part of me (because what I perceive is dreamed or created in whatever way by me, and I'm the "seer" of my own "creation").

yes. Nothing is outside you. You have to BE there in order for a world to exist.

There is no creation without your being. Nurture that formless being. Do not imagine yourself as an object

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''