SoonHei

Adyashanti's Enlightenment Question

9 posts in this topic

Adya describing his enlightenment experience:

i was listening to his clip today and he was saying that one day he sat down to meditate (after having pursued enlightenment etc for many years at this point) 

it was a deep session. nothing that he hadn't worked thru before and then he said all of a sudden, there was this big moment of disappointment, of the impossibility, the fact that he will never get IT, it was utter defeat... 

i cant remember how long he said that he remained in this state but he says that soon after this defeat realization happened, a shift happened and it was instant enlightenment.

i want to know what it is these people are doing at that point and what was he seeking for... 

like would this have been the 1st time he had enlightenment / awakening? or he had had many experiences before and then because their ego keeps coming back, they are in search for how to rid of it completely? and this is how it happens for all these teachers?

like what are these "moments of enlightenment" - to me, i thought it was a "path" and not 1 glimpse changes it all. 

do these enlightened beings have repeated glimpses and the more and more they have it, they then have a single profound one which ends the seek altogether 99% permanently? 

same question i suppose regarding mooji, ruper spira's enlightenment... 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

19 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

do these enlightened beings have repeated glimpses and the more and more they have it, they then have a single profound one which ends the seek altogether 99% permanently? 

@SoonHei You can come up with some good questions.:) 

Once you awaken you see the truth has always been there. Know this with total conviction:  The absolute is all there is.

You were asking about contemplating too. Here is something juicy to contemplate. I'm having somewhat of an enlightenment experiance now from contemplating it so just wanted to share so here it comes. None of this is real. I know, a real mind fuck it is. Enlightenment is in plain view but it's hidden the last place the ego dares to look because it will realize that it is unreal. Even the knowing that it is unreal, is unreal.  I'm so deep right now I'm partially faded out of existence. This experiance of "I" is temporary.  You know this. That is all the proof that is needed for it's unreality. Take a huge step- call it a leap out of this "experiance of reality" and into the absolute. That is what you are.

"Don't pretend to be what you are not. Don't refuse to be what you are"  -Nis  

Contemplate that my friend and it will answer your question. Take it in so deeply that only the absolute remains. Liberate the consciousness don't confine it in a tempomporary state of self. Right now the "experiencer" that is me looks to be as if an interference pattern happening on consciousness. Does that make any sense? The word sense makes no sense right now. haha I wanna laugh my ass off. I'm trying to hold a connection here so I'm about 50-50. This must sound like a trip report but it's only contemplation. Contemplate that quote and dissolve into it. Whoa! You'll see.

I’m not sure where you heard he got instantly enlightened because that wasn’t the case for him. If you listen to more of videos and read his books he states that the first glimpse was when he saw that the ego was a illusion. After that he went though several years of hardship as the ego tried to remain intact. He says that he wouldn’t wish the afterward dissolving process on his worst enemy. 

4 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@SoonHei You can come up with some good questions.:) 

Once you awaken you see the truth has always been there. Know this with total conviction:  The absolute is all there is.

You were asking about contemplating too. Here is something juicy to contemplate. I'm having somewhat of an enlightenment experiance now from contemplating it so just wanted to share so here it comes. None of this is real. I know, a real mind fuck it is. Enlightenment is in plain view but it's hidden the last place the ego dares to look because it will realize that it is unreal. Even the knowing that it is unreal, is unreal.  I'm so deep right now I'm partially faded out of existence. This experiance of "I" is temporary.  You know this. That is all the proof that is needed for it's unreality. Take a huge step- call it a leap out of this "experiance of reality" and into the absolute. That is what you are.

"Don't pretend to be what you are not. Don't refuse to be what you are"  -Nis  

Contemplate that my friend and it will answer your question. Take it in so deeply that only the absolute remains. Liberate the consciousness don't confine it in a tempomporary state of self. Right now the "experiencer" that is me looks to be as if an interference pattern happening on consciousness. Does that make any sense? The word sense makes no sense right now. haha I wanna laugh my ass off. I'm trying to hold a connection here so I'm about 50-50. This must sound like a trip report but it's only contemplation. Contemplate that quote and dissolve into it. Whoa! You'll see.

Woahhhhh

Looks like you were having a good time there hahhaa

Thank you for that

And yes, I do ask questions as they come to me and many times get a right heading as to where to go n how to approach it.

That contemplation sounds like a good plan with a little dose of the Mary Jane

Bless up. Thnx.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

at the most fundamental level, you can't become something else. instead, surrender to what already is.

the rare thing here is sincere surrender.

unborn Truth

On 7/31/2018 at 5:14 PM, SBB4746 said:

He says that he wouldn’t wish the afterward dissolving process on his worst enemy. 

Legit.:)

It's rare that one dissolves the ego in one instance. Once the ego has been seen for what it is,it's only the beginning.The complete dissolving takes time (for most). And it isn't much fun. Awakening is only the beginning. Then the real battle,the real tests start. Spirituality,enlightenment,union,etc., is not childsplay. One way or the other,there will be suffering to endure.

I liken it to Arjuna's story in Bhagavad Gita and the battle that awaits him.

Adya's one of the few I've seen who let's you know this up front. He often says "be sure you know what you're getting into", because at a certain point there's no turning back. The seeker,the hunter,becomes the hunted. Caught in the tiger's mouth as it were, and no escape.

Anyone would be wise to heed his advice on making sure this is what you want.;)

Edited by who chit

On 2018-07-31 at 9:05 PM, SoonHei said:

i want to know what it is these people are doing at that point and what was he seeking for... 

Here is the answer.

On 2018-07-31 at 9:05 PM, SoonHei said:

it was a deep session. nothing that he hadn't worked thru before and then he said all of a sudden, there was this big moment of disappointment, of the impossibility, the fact that he will never get IT, it was utter defeat... 

It's not what he was seeking but the realization that seeking is futile.