5. Relaxation/slow paced living

6. Minimalism

7. Critical thinking

8. Uniqueness

9. Originality

10. Close bonds/love

So what's next?

Edited by CroMagna

Hi @CroMagna I'm not sure how your values connect with working from home? I mean, you can live according to your values and work outside of home, in almost any profession I can think of. Even in show business, your top 10 values can be applied satisfyingly.

If you want to work from home, assuming you understand your passion, then the first step is to see what problem you can solve? I learn that a good business idea is not to 'choose' a business, but see what business we're already doing, by finding what people already ask or need from us. What do people already ask you help for?

Cheers!

I review self-help courses to find out which ones are good and not good: propelyourwealth.com

Well unless you want to be a hermit in a cave somewhere in the mountains (and hoping nobody finds out) you'll need to figure out a way to pay your bills. Do your interests extend beyond your own being and comfort? Is there any drive within you to help other people or animals or the planet? 

If not, your only option may be to go somewhere where you can trade of work for solitude and meditation time , a temple of some sort in South-East Asia or China and take a vow of silence? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

No, my own interests don't extend beyond my own being and comfort, with the exception of maybe philosophy.  My favorite thing to do is positive thinking in silence and solitude.  I'm very inward.

I think that's the first obstacle.  I have no passion for solving societal problems beyond the basic moral obligation of contributing.  I have no passion for providing value, except in a quid pro quo fashion.

I'm working on making sure my extrinsic values are aligned with intrinsic pleasure, because I could die tonight for all I know.  

So I ask myself: what do I want to do every single day, day in and day out, for the next 30 years?

I also try to be realistic: I'm not entrepreneurial and online marketing is extremely competitive, so I doubt I could run a successful business.

Any other ideas would be highly appreciated.

32 minutes ago, CroMagna said:

I also try to be realistic: I'm not entrepreneurial and online marketing is extremely competitive, so I doubt I could run a successful business.

Fuck that bullshit. No-one is. It's a learned skill. Go master marketing and start your own bussiness if absolute solitude is what you want. Come up with some unique idea, market it a shit-ton, live off from earned money frugally till your life ends, without worrying about anything.

Or become a freelancer, then you will have your quid pro quo. It's very simple now, when Upwork and Fiverr exist. Niche for you: copywriting. You don't need to compete there, if you can produce quality work consistently. Quality defends itself.

I feel like that's a pipe dream and it's not steady pay.  I just want steady pay to be isolated.

Any tips of finding work from home quickly, ideally as a data entry operator?

Edited by CroMagna

@CroMagna

7 hours ago, CroMagna said:

if you want some tangible tips: 

* set up a linkedin profile (you can also look for part time jobs) with decent picture and organised page. You may try paying the premium
* try also other job sites like Monster or Hays
* construct a decent CV and covering letter
* look for positions like admin assistant, admin support, coordinator, data logging etc. Linkedin is good for keywords. 

Most companies will not want you to work from home all the time but some small businesses may. You could also try something like working in library, a night security somewhere where its safe like one of the corporate buildings. 

All this sounds very low-concious and it probably is but it might be some starting point before you figure out how to do something more meaninglful. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I'm glad I came across this post. I too, would like to work remotely but feel hesitant since there are a lot of benefits with my current job. Unfortunately, working with shitty people day after day is negatively impacting my life and it might be worth the risk to end the exposure. Thanks everyone for the links and suggestions. Upwork looks quite viable.

12 hours ago, Michael569 said:

@CroMagna

if you want some tangible tips: 

* set up a linkedin profile (you can also look for part time jobs) with decent picture and organised page. You may try paying the premium
* try also other job sites like Monster or Hays
* construct a decent CV and covering letter
* look for positions like admin assistant, admin support, coordinator, data logging etc. Linkedin is good for keywords. 

Most companies will not want you to work from home all the time but some small businesses may. You could also try something like working in library, a night security somewhere where its safe like one of the corporate buildings. 

All this sounds very low-concious and it probably is but it might be some starting point before you figure out how to do something more meaninglful. 

Thanks.  What are some ideas for meaningful/conscious jobs that can be done in solitude?

I signed up for Upwork and Fiverr by the way.  Do you know how long it takes to start getting gigs?

Edited by CroMagna

22 hours ago, CroMagna said:

I feel like that's a pipe dream and it's not steady pay.  I just want steady pay to be isolated.

A boyfriend hurt you huh

1 hour ago, Davo124 said:

A boyfriend hurt you huh

Haha no, I just feel uncomfortable around people due to past abuse and mental illness.

Becoming a freelancer is great way to earn money from home only, if you have good clients.

Is it possible to work from home and to make a decent, stable, predictable income? I have been working with a vocational type person who has told me that it is not possible. I find that hard to believe. Has anyone on here been able to?

On 8/10/2018 at 2:33 AM, CroMagna said:

Haha no, I just feel uncomfortable around people due to past abuse and mental illness.

Not that it has anything to do with the subject but I suppose you are focusing on healing these?

Is there anyone on this forum who has been able to work from home full time? 

On 9/10/2018 at 5:39 AM, YaMayka said:

Not that it has anything to do with the subject but I suppose you are focusing on healing these?

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 2008 and my therapist said there's no cure for hearing voices.

5 hours ago, CroMagna said:

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 2008 and my therapist said there's no cure for hearing voices.

Have you made any progress in finding a job?