kingroboto

reverting back to low conscious state when around other people

7 posts in this topic

how should I solve this?

I thought I made a lot of progress in my inner game but when I was around my friends I saw myself falling back to the same insecurities and the same tendencies I used to have when around other people. I did make myself more engaged in conversations that I'm in and for short bursts of time managed to be detached and be present in the moment. Should I just take pleasure in small progresses and keep grinding away? 

I have the same problem. Sometimes it feels like I'm making progress, lots and lots of progress, and then an old habit pops up cause I'm maybe spending time with an old friend or around family or perhaps in a new/old environment or perhaps something happened that reminded me of it, whatever. I'm dealing with the same thing (around family I haven't seen in a while). It fucking sucks and I'm trying to let my emotions about it out the best I can and stay present and aware as well. I think the advice you gave is good. Just keep the flame going. Even if there is now a storm and the flame is struggling to stay it's ok. Just keep it going and remember situations change.  A master meditator I admire once said "continuity of practice is the secret of success." Even if the situations you are in are causing so much inside you that you feel like you're back sliding or falling apart just keep your practice up in some form. Even if you have to scale it back because that's just where you are emotionally at and what you're capable of, just keep it going a little in some form. The stressing over the environment change just makes it worse. 

You must emit your own frequency, your own light, rather than absorbing the frequencies around you, when you start imprinting your own light, your own intent, everything changes. Keep at it, enjoy the ride and most importantly, let it be :)

Acceptance Transcends ?

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Hi @kingroboto I read that this behavior can be called domain dependence.

When you're in your private domain, you make progress with your inner game. You build your new habits, and be a new person. But when you are in your 'previous life' domain, you can regress back to the 'persona' you are/were in that domain. If you can maintain your new 'self' in the old domain, then you're still domain dependent.

I'm still domain dependent too, especially when I'm with my family. Since I'm the youngest child, I tend to be silent and not active. In different domains, I can show up and become a leader, but in my family domain, I'm still the 'smallest one.'

It takes a risk to bring your new self to old domains, because the inertia of your old self is very powerful. Not to mention that your friends may find the new you 'weird', and makes you want to go back to your old self and old habits. The most effective way is to make new friends that support your new self, but not everyone wants to reduce time with their old friends. If your old friends don't support the new you, or if they can't join to become a new them, then it's your call to choose which one is more important.

Cheers!

I review self-help courses to find out which ones are good and not good: propelyourwealth.com