Followers 0
The Don

What's Wrong With Me?

6 posts in this topic

Hello guys.

I wanna start reading. A lot of books.

I just watched Leo's books list.

But I have a "problem".

When I start reading and the time goes by (15 minutes) I get frustrated. I my mind tells me to stop.

Why is this happening?

:/

Me on the road less traveled.

It's a matter of interest. So when you loose the interest to read, where is your attention drawn to? Maybe it's even something better than reading.

Could be the ego resisting the truth.

I watch Leo's videos in periods of 15-30 minutes too, it takes that itch away and also helps the ideas set in. It also depends on the video-subject-and my current state of mind.

@The Don What are you reading when this is happening? What’s the subject matter, and how is it relative to you, in terms of what you want to stop & start in life? If it’s truly not relative, and it’s all books, then daily meditation can help you calm down and center, as well as increase focus. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Are you interested in the book? Or do you think you "should" be interested in the book?

Hi @The Don My mentor tells me that frustration happens when what happens isn't the same as what we expected. When we want a result, but some external condition blocks our expected path, then we experience frustration (if it's a person blocking our path, then we experience anger).

What result do you expect from reading books? What scenario did you have in mind when you wanted to start reading them? Maybe you had an expectation that you would read it and understand it well and quickly, but it's not happening that way, so you feel frustrated? Or maybe you expect you 'should' already know what you read and feel frustrated that you have to learn to understand it?

Cheers

I review self-help courses to find out which ones are good and not good: propelyourwealth.com