John

Mindfulness coach

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

So as part of my Life Purpose, I am endeavoring to become a teacher of mindfulness. It's a skill I have been practicing for four years with great intensity. However I have very few entrepreneurial skills. Does anyone have any advice or resources for going about setting up my own business as a coach? Particularly those of you who are Life Coaches etc, what is your business model so to speak?

Right now my plan is just to have a little poster made up with my phone number on it that I can put up around various shops and cafes in my city. Also I will have some business cards made up. I want to start taking massive action as excessive thinking and planning have burdened me before. 

Any advice here would be much appreciated!

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

Look into Eben Pagan's work for some business education. Also you may want to consider starting a youtube channel simple to put yourself out there. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I used to belong to this mentor group in London https://www.legends.report/ One of the things we did was a Eckhart Tolle drop in session. We did 10 mints meditation then talked about something for 10 mints then stopped for 5 mints it was very enlightening. That could do something similar build connections and build the business. The other one to do is just to go out and start leafleting people in the street you should get 20 for every 80 people if all goes to plan.

@Michael569 do you have some specific courses or books of Eban Pagan that you can recommend?

I'm looking for some good material for learning about business too.

I remember getting an email recently from eben offering teaching courses

I took part of his intro to marketing course. it was eye-opening, juicy and highly practical 

Edited by d0ornokey

On 7/24/2018 at 6:29 AM, Paulus Amadeus said:

@Michael569 do you have some specific courses or books of Eban Pagan that you can recommend?

I'm looking for some good material for learning about business too.

He just came out with his book “Opportunity” which is gold. Take “Marketing Step-by-Step”. It’s $1000 for the course and well worth it. I had a $1000 in my savings that I took out for that course and it was well worth it if you work the course. 

Don’t get lost in theory though. You can have an MBA and suck in business. Watch Leo’s video on the pitfalls and traps when starting a business.