Viking

do I potentially have nervous system damage?

6 posts in this topic

in the past i did holotropic breating, osho meditations, chakra breathing, and more energetic exercises.

Already a few months I have this energy (pressure) in the back of my head (medulla) and it wont go away, it seems a bit new agey but I have a feeling like i have to concentrate on that point so it will explode, thats the feeling i get. when i concentrate there or do some exercises something my head jitters.

I did the wim hof method a few days ago and at the end of a cycle one needs to get a lot of air in and pressurize the head (the neck expands a bit too). I felt something like an explosion when I did that only once for a brief moment. when i do that pressurizing i feel some pressure in the area near the shoulders too, but i guess thats normal.

should I do anything about that? did i damage my nervous system somehow? it doesnt interfere too much yet with my daily life.

This sounds like kundalini symptoms. Playing with energy is like playing with fire. 

Circultate energy into the stomach. 

Maybe it’s time to focus on One technique and do it good? To many things is not better.  

hard to tell, but probably not. from my "experience" my sense would be that these are "kundalini symptoms"; and almost every practice you listed is for - imo - amping up the energy / energy flow which can be uncomfortable when there are a lot of blockages. I would rather do exercises that are dealing with blockages / grounding like:

- Trauma exercises like TRE (Trauma Release Exercises - btw: very effective) or SE (Somatic Experiencing)
- Yoga / Tai Chi / Qi Gong exercises that are specifically for grounding (and not creating more energy / pressure)

12 hours ago, cirkussmile said:

This sounds like kundalini symptoms. Playing with energy is like playing with fire. 

Circultate energy into the stomach. 

Maybe it’s time to focus on One technique and do it good? To many things is not better.  

i dont do these techniques on a regular basis, i do them very rarely.

@Toby thanks that cleared things up for me, i won't do energetic meditations for a while. ill some how those techniques also. do you think that psychedelics can help too? i remember on an lsd trip like a lot of blockages were opened a little.

@Viking Idk, only took LSD 3 times. My sense is that it could be helpful, but also that it could be retraumatizing. You have to make your decisions yourself, as you know yourself best.

@Viking I wrote about a similar experiences in this thread:

I hope you find it useful.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2