Spaciousness while meditating

tsuki
By tsuki in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God,
So, there's been this feeling of spaciousness behind my eyes, 'inside', while I meditate.
At first, it was difficult to attain and after some practice, it came easily. Now it manifests itself on its own.
At first, I was describing it as 'pressure', or 'tension', but I really like to call it spaciousness.
It's a feeling that bears similarity to inhaling deeply. With 'lungs'/'chest' however it has limited capacity and there is a point after no more 'air' comes in.
Spaciousness in forehead during meditation is more like constant, never-ending inhalation/expansion. There are actually two 'places' in which it manifests - both inside of my head, 'behind' my eyes.
It first appeared somewhere directly over my eyes, centered. Now it 'sits' on top of my head, or on the back of my head.
There was a point when I could move it from one place to the other and it felt as if it was going through a small pipe, or a straw.
It is not focused, like touch for example, but more blurred. Radiating over the whole inside of my head. Like spaciousness of breath is blurred over lungs.
As I'm writing this post I came to realization that I can extend the area over which I can feel it, but to some degree. I was wondering if it's possible to extend it over the whole 'inside' of my body and I was able to do it to some degree, but felt resistance. I know that all of this sounds weird, but do you had any experience with this kind of phenomenon?
Does this description fit into any framework of growth that you know and I can work with?

• 27 replies