Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Butters

Somebody PLEASE explain non-duality

9 posts in this topic

I haven't used any psychedelics yet but I watch many trip reports and Terrence McKenna on YouTube. 

On DMT and acid, people have deep, profound experiences where they meet entities who they RECOGNIZE from before they were born as humans. They describe realizing deep truths that end up changing their lives in some profound way.

But...these are DUALISTIC experiences. 

If they were to learn about absolute truth, some deeply profound lessons that they intuitively understand to be true, wouldn't that be a PURELY NON-DUALISTIC experience? If not, why not? 

If non-duality is the absolute truth, and the absolute truth is already out there, what's the point of ME (a human sitting here) discovering it? 

I know someone's gonna argue that dualism is part of non-dualism but that causes more confusion. 

And lastly: if someone can learn deep truths about ancestors (for example), what makes you think your non-dualistic experience is more legit than theirs? Wouldn't both people argue their experience is the legit one? 

Please explain 

28 minutes ago, Butters said:

I haven't used any psychedelics yet but I watch many trip reports and Terrence McKenna on YouTube. No one else has used psychadelics. 

On DMT and acid, people have deep, profound experiences where they meet entities who they RECOGNIZE from before they were born as humans. They describe realizing deep truths that end up changing their lives in some profound way. No one’s life has ever changed. 

But...these are DUALISTIC experiences. There’s no duality, there’s no experience. 

If they were to learn about absolute truth, some deeply profound lessons that they intuitively understand to be true, wouldn't that be a PURELY NON-DUALISTIC experience? If not, why not? There’s no ‘they’. 

If non-duality is the absolute truth, and the absolute truth is already out there, what's the point of ME (a human sitting here) discovering it? You’re not a human being, there’s no ‘out there’. 

I know someone's gonna argue that dualism is part of non-dualism but that causes more confusion. “Someone” is already dualistic confusion. 

And lastly: if someone can learn deep truths about ancestors (for example), what makes you think your non-dualistic experience is more legit than theirs? Wouldn't both people argue their experience is the legit one? There’s no “both people”, or people.

You exist. ❤️

Please explain 

“Butters”

I love it!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

36 minutes ago, Butters said:

If non-duality is the absolute truth, and the absolute truth is already out there, what's the point of ME (a human sitting here) discovering it? 

None. There will be no you once you get it. Not in the same sense you currently have about 'you'.
It is a form of self-transformation.

You just have to see it for yourself. If you can stop yourself from pursuing it, then go ahead and do so.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki "There will be no you once you get it."

there is no YOU once YOU get it - who/what is that bolded YOU that gets it?

and that YOU - when it gets it, it sees that it's the ONLY YOU which each of the MEs will arrive at upon getting it?

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei Are these legitimate questions, or you are simply being a smartass?
The guy asked a question about something that he has not yet experienced.
How am I supposed to answer it other than trying to express it in terms of his (presumed) current understanding?

Pointing out that my answer is self-contradictory is lazy (assuming that's what you did).
It has to be self-contradictory, as it tries to express something inexpressible.
It's like trying to express Klein's bottle in three-dimensional space. It can't fit, so it intersects itself.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki oh no sir ! absolutely not being a smartass. as you can see from my post count. i am new here. very new. i ask a lot of questions. especailly when i see someone who i can sense is understanding of the concepts

so i was asking you that question for myself . to understand it for myself, and out of full out respect. not implying anything and definatly far from being a smartass.

i was merely just asking that WHAT exactly is the REAL SELF (which in that question, using your format of the answer i was writing as bolded YOU ) 

:) thanks! and much love and respect.

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei Sorry, I got carried away. It seems that my reading is what was lazy :)

27 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

there is no YOU once YOU get it - who/what is that bolded YOU that gets it?

and that YOU - when it gets it, it sees that it's the ONLY YOU which each of the MEs will arrive at upon getting it?

The problem with seeking enlightenment is that the stories about it that you are given by the scriptures are more like riddles.
You are supposed to work on them yourself and in solving them, wake up.
They are true in the sense that I can map what I experience onto them and see that they fit, but enlightenment has something to do with making everything fit with everything else, so in a sense - everything is true. It is more like an effortless activity that is happening.

I'm saying this because I can sense that you are looking for an answer that confirms something that you know.
What you are asking is true, but that will not help you enlighten. 

There will be a new you once you get it, but the point is not to replace the old you with a new you.
The point is to see that any you is replaceable and in fact, it is not something constant, but constantly changing.
The point is not to experience one awakening moment, but to awaken each second, letting go everything that happens.
In doing that there will be deep realizations available, but they will be unusable in a sense. 
They can manifest themselves only if there is no you to benefit from them.

you're a phenomenom of the universe, just like a flower, a river or a car.

you're the universe itself manifesting as a person. so am i and all of us.

i type, you read. the universe types and the universe reads.

oneness = the Truth that everything is a manifestation of the same Mystery.

unborn Truth

@tsuki thank you very much for that

You are supposed to work on them yourself and in solving them, wake up.

wow, that's amazing. and in my readings thus far - all points towards that. thank you. 

it's like many things are metaphorical in bible/quran etc and when you approach those messages in this way, then you can truly see how it all fits.

The point is to see that any you is replaceable and in fact, it is not something constant, but constantly changing.

thank you!

@ajasatya  yes, that's amazing and scary! but it's so effin mindblowingly cool! now waiting for my glimpse :P

#WorkInProgress

#OneDay

#ActuallyNOW

#CanOnlyHappenNOW

#NoFutuerNoPast

#Eternity <3

Love Is The Answer