Charlotte

Ayahuasca retreat

14 posts in this topic

Would it be a good idea to attend a Ayahuasca retreat if I deal with panic when consuming Psychedelics? 

I heard the come up on Ayahuasca takes around an hour or so, this would be my biggest challenge. When I'm at my peak I don't think that would be the issue. I'm currently working on why I panic and I hope to get to the bottom of this before attending. Don't fancy leaving myself with PTSD or something if this turns out to not my best idea but I sooooooo want to do it ? (subconsciously I feel I'll be okay, I feel ego is trying to put me off)

Any personal experience would be helpful duuuuudes ??

Ive had the most wonderful and magical experiences and insights on mini-doses.

you're not overwhelmed in any way, its a gentle experience and completely magical.

you won't get a crazy fireworks experience but you'll get major insights still

I know those ayahuasca retreats have a commercial side to them and they're trying to sell an experience, and there is a western mentality that we want everything right away, so western people actually want that

this is the downright biggest most basic lesson in spirituality path: power vs love

do you want to evolve powerfully or do you want to evolve lovingly?

you could take a normal dose and blast yourself against your fear and panics and perhaps come out of it stronger with major insights, but this is your life

do you want to make a habit of learning by suffering and intense discomfort for the potential of major insights?  power

you know you're going to suffer if you're already suffering now when you look and feel that possible event

or do you want to make a habit of learning by loving and respecting yourself, listen and feel your fear and respect your fear

that doesn't mean do nothing and be paralyzed, it means doing a smaller dose, where you feel more comfortable and secure now, where you compromise with your fears and desires, both feelings which you feel now, you respect yourself, you wont get the crazy experience they're all talking about but you will get insights and probably the ones you need

power is always about sacrificing how you feel now in order to gain something later, meaning you do not live in the present moment, you live in concepts, in thoughts, in comparison, in past vs future

love is about gaining something right now, loving the you now,whatever you want to do at this ayahuasca retreat it needs to make you feel good now, here, this moment, even if the retreat is a in a year, what you aim needs to feel good, or needs to make you feel slightly better, it can be subtle, 

at the very least you shouldnt be feeling overly anxious

yes fears can be faced, but they can also be faced comfortably, is there more "gain" to facing a fear by rushing into it? yes but whatever you "gain" will never make you feel better at the core, well being is harmony of all the emotions, and especially every emotion balanced by love

feeling better and good starts now

even though we want to overcome (undestand) ego and self, this can be done in a respectful and loving manner

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

@Arkandeus  Thanks so much for your reply. Very informative thank you. 

I think you've misunderstood me though, the reason I want to attend a Ayahuasca retreat not because I want it "right away" but because I feel I may be able to take the medicine in a controlled safe environment. 

I agree fears should be respected and compromised with. I believe I have been taking mushrooms in the way you mention because I do respect myself.

quite indeed I feel your self-love!

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

I suffer from pretty bad anxiety and I did a single Ayahuasca ceremony. It went fine. The people at the retreat were so kind and compassionate that it helped give me a degree of trust which helped the ceremony to go quite smoothly. In my case, I felt as though the medicine wouldn't show me anything I couldn't handle. When I felt it was getting too scary, I seemed to be able to pull away. I also think the retreat organizers have some other substance to help pull people around if they are going through a very difficult time. They didnt't tell us this but I believe they gave another participant something to help them come out of their trip or atleast reduce the medicines effects.

@AmarSG1 ah right! Interesting. Thanks for this. May I ask in what country you attended (without giving to much away). 

Also in what way did the trip help you long term? 

@Charlotte Amsterdam. 

I'm not sure if the substance alone helped me much. But the whole experience certainly did. Suffering from anxiety and travelling to another country to take a unknown substance really helped me face some of my own fears. I would say that is where most of my growth come from. You could say the experience raised my consciousness. My capacity to meditate improved significantly following my ceremony.

I did say to myself that if I was to do it again, I would have to do more than one ceremony. Usually, the first one will weaken your resistance and subsequent ceremonies will help you break through. I didn't 'breakthrough' therefore probably didn't get the medicines full effects. 

Edited by AmarSG1

@Charlotte Ayahausca can be rough. Should be easier for you to do some mushrooms or LSD at home with a friend trip-sitting. Start with small doses.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Ayahusaca is one of the strongest forms of psychedelics. I have not done any other forms besides Aya , but my friend who has done many forms and has confirmed that also. I had good trips and bad trips, and I am fine. I love having shamans around. But there is always a risk. I recommend starting with something easier like mushroom or LSD as well. Xx it's all up to you and your calling. See if you have it in you. There is always next year.

Edited by Samra

On 14/07/2018 at 3:43 AM, Charlotte said:

Would it be a good idea to attend a Ayahuasca retreat if I deal with panic when consuming Psychedelics? 

No. Ayahuasca is known for triggering psychotic breaks. 

On 7/14/2018 at 7:43 AM, Samra said:

Ayahusaca is one of the strongest forms of psychedelics.

I presume you haven't heard of 5-LeO-DMT.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei No I actually haven't heard of 5-LeO-DMT :P

Yes I have heard of 5 Meo. I said "one of the" strongest. I didn't say the strongest.

Edited by Samra

@AmarSG1 Thanks for your reply. 

Keep us updated if you do again. Sounds like an awesome experience non the less 

@Leo Gura I've had many panic attacks at home and being at home with Psychedelics brings a negative energy which doesn't sit right with me. Hence why I'd love to go to different surroundings. 

@Samra very true sweet. Thanks for your reply 

@Gabriel Antonio great ?