zoey101

A Dilemma of Ego and Citizen Responsibility

28 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, SFRL said:

This forum does reach further then our Merica. Haha. I always have this idea that when the Aliens land on Earth and choose America as their landing spot, the Americans will say: "Hi we're Mericans". Instead of "Hi we are the human race". 

But yeah even on this forum (and this might be a fair bit of projection) we mostly all just watch the same YouTube channels. We are all in this YouTube Buble discussing the opinions of mostly the same 10 people or so, and we don't really discuss that much that goes on in the world or our own life's. 

yeah. The internet has made us very weird lol

2 minutes ago, zoey101 said:

yeah. The internet has made us very weird lol

No worries. This is just that awkward in-between stage. Soon we will all be hooked up to virtual reality. 

2 minutes ago, SFRL said:

No worries. This is just that awkward in-between stage. Soon we will all be hooked up to virtual reality. 

Then the government REALLY won't have to worry about the masses catching on to the clear shadiness because we won't only HAVE the silly kitten videos, we will BE the sill kitten videos lol

23 minutes ago, zoey101 said:

Then the government REALLY won't have to worry about the masses catching on to the clear shadiness because we won't only HAVE the silly kitten videos, we will BE the sill kitten videos lol

Yeah well this is all just a video game within a video game within a video game anyways right? 

I realized that when I was playing Sonic The Hedgehog on my 16 bit Sega Megadrive when I was 10 years old. 

1 minute ago, SFRL said:

Yeah well this is all just a video game within a video game within a video game anyways right? 

I realized that when I was playing Sonic The Hedgehog on my 16 bit Sega Megadrive when I was 10 years old. 

lol thank you, I think I needed a little humor to snap me out of this worried mindset. It can be so overwhelming for one person. But I am feeling a little better to laugh about it :)

@Colin @zoey101

From your perspective your arguments make sense and seem to be valid, but as I said, the paradox is that the opposite is true. Surrendering to truth will make you most likely care more and make you more effective at changing the world to the better. Apathy comes from resistance not surrender. Look at the, what you might call, evil-doers in the world and inspect why they are so apathetic towards the suffering of others. It's not because they surrendered to the "will of god", it's because they resisted the world as it is. They were unable to handle the truth so they decided to simply ignore it, they are in fact unable to embrace and surrender to it. There is a big difference between being an intellectual nihilist due to the inability to accept the suffering of life and the actual realization of the true nature of reality.

The problem with nihilism is that, like you think of it, you only apply it to a certain aspect of reality. You said if someone was nihilistic they might think "well there is a reason that babies die, and who am I to question the natural order of things.", but that is simply not how it works. A true nihilist will surrender to how the feels about reality, he will even surrender to the way he acts. He will not think that "Who am I to question the natural order of things", rather he will feel like him questioning the natural order of things is the divine will of nature. Because he is part of "the natural order of things", everything he wants to do, and everything he does do, is part of the "natural order of things". So his desire to help mankind is part of the natural order of things, infact it is divine in it's nature, as everything else is aswell, and that is something he will surrender to as well. A true nihilist is not some emotionless robot that is hyperrational and just watches reality without interacting with it. He is part of reality as everything else is, so are his emotions and desires, he simply surrenders to them. That usually leads to an amplification of desires, compassion and love, because of the lack of resistance. Thus a nihilist feels far greater motivation for whatever he is motivated for, he also is far more emotional. He simply isn't suffering as much, if at all, due to surrendering to reality. That makes him fearless in the face of adversity, he will not be scared to put himself on the line for what he truly desires. 

Think of Jesus Christ who sacrificed himself on the cross, do you think you could sacrifice yourself that same way for the betterment of life on this planet?

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

@zoey101 It is easier to thread a rich country through the eye of a needle, than for it to enter the kingdom of heaven. 

An example which I think brings it on home...what’d ya think of Joe Dispenza?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

13 hours ago, Nahm said:

@zoey101 It is easier to thread a rich country through the eye of a needle, than for it to enter the kingdom of heaven. 

An example which I think brings it on home...what’d ya think of Joe Dispenza?

I've only seen one video so far, "Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself". I liked it :)

He was definitely describing the old me when he talked about the excuses we make to not change. I feel like didn't have a real change in my personality till my car crash. I'm glad I didn't have to hit a lower point to finally realize the need for change.

I know I have a ways to go, but I'm happier with the person I am today than who I was before :)