Victor Mgazi

The Nature Of The Ego

158 posts in this topic

People have described the awakening as an ego death. I'm just curious, wouldn't this lead to the death of the body since it's (ego) nature is for self preservation or well being?

9 minutes ago, Victor Mgazi said:

People have described the awakening as an ego death. I'm just curious, wouldn't this lead to the death of the body since it's (ego) nature is for self preservation or well being?

I wouldn’t worry about wha others say. You don’t know if they have awakened. That would be an assumption. 

Protecting the body, feeding the body is intelligent action. Whole-infinite action 

Feeding the ego is a movement of fear, therefore an unintelligent response-reaction to thought. All fueled by the contradiction, confusion, and conflict that is perpetuated by the false notion that the experiencer is seperate from that which it experiences. This is action born of limitation, the finite movement of thought. 

All the result of not understanding the nature of ego-thought. 

Keep it simple my man:)

Edited by Faceless

Are all actions (including motives) in essence based on fear as a result of the ego?   And why... 

I ask because after some serious self reflection I have not yet discovered actions or intentions that aren't derived by fear, regardless of whether direct or indirect fear. 

6 minutes ago, Victor Mgazi said:

Are all actions (including motives) in essence based on fear as a result of the ego?   And why... 

I ask because after some serious self reflection I have not yet discovered actions or intentions that aren't derived by fear, regardless of whether direct or indirect fear. 

Movements in thought, including motives, volition, will, desire, etc., are all movements from what-is, yes?  You feel bored, you get motivated to get stimulation.  You feel lonely, you get the volition for companionship, etc.   You feel unfulfilled, you seek enlightenment.  

It's all an escape from what-is, and this we can define as fear.    Thought seeking security in its own movement.  Right?

Thought-self (aka ego) is only interested in its self-perpetuation, which is reflected in this habitual, constant movement from what-is.

Edited by robdl

@robdl wow, this really gets to me. 

I mean where does this leave unconditional love (which I believe is true love)? Does it even exist in society and most importantly family? I don't see how love and fear can ever co-exist so what does that say about unconditional love or is that too self deception? 

21 minutes ago, robdl said:

Movements in thought, including motives, volition, will, desire, etc., are all movements from what-is, yes?  You feel bored, you get motivated to get stimulation.  You feel lonely, you get the volition for companionship, etc.   You feel unfulfilled, you seek enlightenment.  

It's all an escape from what-is, and this we can define as fear.    Thought seeking security in its own movement.  Right?

You appear to have overlooked the movement that results after say a pinprick in the arm.

3 minutes ago, Victor Mgazi said:

I mean where does this leave unconditional love (which I believe is true love)? Does it even exist in society and most importantly family? I don't see how love and fear can ever co-exist so what does that say about unconditional love or is that too self deception? 

They cannot co exist. 

Love is only in FREEDOM without that of the conditioned consciousness as the I who seeks psychological security in time. 

Edited by Faceless

1 minute ago, dorg said:

You appear to have overlooked the movement that results after say a pinprick in the arm.

I'm talking about psychological fear.  Not fear/aversion that's a natural, evolved immediate response to an environmental challenge, i.e. the response of stepping back from a snake in the bush.

5 minutes ago, dorg said:

:)hehe

2 minutes ago, robdl said:

I'm talking about psychological fear.  Not fear/aversion that's a natural, evolved immediate response to an environmental challenge, i.e. the response of stepping back from a snake in the bush.

Intelligent action that is whole. 

Edited by Faceless

5 minutes ago, Victor Mgazi said:

where fear is in operation, love is not.   In many cases, so-called "love" between two people may in fact just be mutual gratification.  It's transactional.  You fulfill my emotional needs, and I'll fulfill your physical needs, and so on.  And when you cease to fulfill my emotional needs, then you are no longer of use to me.

I do believe that love exists but then if it's not a product of the mind then what's it's nature (gives rise to it)?

12 minutes ago, Victor Mgazi said:

don't see how love and fear can ever co-exis

And love has no opposite. Just like “goodness” has no opposite. Only we create the opposite with dualistic thinking. 

3 minutes ago, robdl said:

where fear is in operation, love is not.   In many cases, so-called "love" between two people may in fact just be mutual gratification.  It's transactional.  You fulfill my emotional needs, and I'll fulfill your physical needs, and so on.  And when you cease to fulfill my emotional needs, then you are no longer of use to me.

Oh snap!!. Cats out of the bag ? ? 

?

Edited by Faceless

Just now, Victor Mgazi said:

I do believe that love exists but then if it's not a product of the mind then what's it's nature (gives rise to it)?

Love is causeless.  If it had a cause, it would be a product of mind.

2 minutes ago, Victor Mgazi said:

Find out buddy. 

6 minutes ago, robdl said:

Love is causeless.  If it had a cause, it would be a product of mind.

Yes sir....

Love is not some-“thing” to be cultivated, that implies time. The i “time”, who perpetually seeks security in psychological time, is incapable of Love. 

Love is freedom, undound by time. 

Love is not yours or mine, love is when the you, and the I are not. 

Edited by Faceless

What about a mother's love, how could that have anything to do with the ego? :o

11 minutes ago, Victor Mgazi said:

What about a mother's love, how could that have anything to do with the ego? :o

Depends if there is Love. Just because a mother gives birth to a child doesn’t mean there is love there. 

Be amazed the subtlety of conditioned love, disguised as unconditional love ?

Edited by Faceless

As long as there is contradiction (self seeking psychological security), which means conflict, relationship will remain dependent on conditions. Which is not a relationship. Love cannot be when this conflict-fear of escaping conflict-fear is in movement. 

Edited by Faceless

11 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Depends if there is Love. Just because a mother gives birth to a child doesn’t mean there is love there. 

Be amazed the subtlety of conditioned love, disguised as unconditional love ?

A lot of mothers out there love their kids so long as the kids act in accordance with the image that the mother has projected about them.  When the kid steps outside that projected image, does the mom still love them, or does she resent them?  When you resent someone who doesn't conform to your projected image of them, is that love?

9 minutes ago, robdl said:

A lot of mothers out there love their kids so long as the kids act in accordance with the image that the mother has projected about them.  When the kid steps outside that projected image, does the mom still love them, or does she resent them?  When you resent someone who doesn't conform to your projected image of them, is that love?

Great questions...

Nope, that would imply dependence, attachment, a seeking security in the image in which you have constructed. 

If one has an image of themselves that image is inevitably projected onto others. If that image is rejected, dismissed as unimportant, and so on we will feel opposed, attacked, and will cause a reaction of fear. In that fear we defend. Love cannot be when this is the fact. 

Where there is a self image that implies we form images about others...where there is an image there is no relationship-Love. 

Edited by Faceless