solr

Jordan Peterson

46 posts in this topic

you make the conclusion that he's advocating for genocide and eugenics secretly but don't say it (dog whistle).

@Outer I don't know where this comes from. How do you know what a person didn't say?

Why do you not refute my arguments as well? Where do you peg me, you, and others in spiral dynamics?

Edited by CreamCat

@Outer So, you don't know spiral dynamics? I was excited to talk about spiral dynamics.

52 minutes ago, Outer said:

Emerald, all you've shown to me is your psyche. You don't operate on the level of evidence, but on the level of speculation and projection. There is nothing you've said which has any basis in consensual reality, all you're seeing is your interpretation. For example when he says a fact about IQ, while teaching his psychology students, you make the conclusion that he's advocating for genocide and eugenics secretly but don't say it (dog whistle). No. You made the conclusion from the information that low IQ is obviously bad, and from YouTube comments not relevant to Peterson at all, and that therefore there should be eugenics, and therefore THINK that just because a conclusion that can be made from factual information that is bad, it is a conspiracy and that Jordan secretly holds it. You are judgmental and think Jordan is EVIL and bad, therefore you make insane assumptions of his motives, and try and use speculation of motives as a way to counter valid arguments. That is an AD HOMINEM argument.

"Ad hominem, short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself. ..."

It was also completely  IRRELEVANT, you keep bringing up irrelevant subjects. This is called RED HERRING. I said Jordan was wealthy and educated because of his high IQ and conscientiousness, and you bring this up and use fallacious arguments to lure me in. You don't concede any time I have refuted your positions with evidence (e.g IQ instead of privilege).

"A red herring is something that misleads or distracts from a relevant or important issue. It may be either a logical fallacy or a literary device that leads readers or audiences towards a false conclusion ..."

Stop with these logical fallacies!

Project much?  Jeez.  Why all the blaming and such?  Let Emerald have her say without making it personal.  Emerald is one of the smartest people on here.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I noticed that the real problem here is that we are not focusing on self actualization but social problems and collective ego.

I remembered that I didn't come here to talk about social issues.

What happened to focus on yourself?

13 minutes ago, Outer said:

Schools are systemic oppression. What do you do for those people experiencing that?

@Outer It's too late for those already trapped in compulsory education. But, you can plan for a future in which your children are free from compulsory education, jury duty, and military conscription.

Save what you can. Create small bubbles of freedom.

Edited by CreamCat

Locking down these politically charged threads as they are just a juicy red herring.

Back to the self-inquiry salt mines!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.