Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,197 posts in this topic

A very nuanced and unbiased analysis of the situation. 

This is the kind of process one have to go through when doing system thinking, specially in a dense topic, with many ramifications such as this one.

https://medium.com/@tjpotter/a-designers-manifesto-6b933a44940d

"Many of us become designers because we are not satisfied with the state we see the world in. We genuinely want to solve problems and fix things, make things work better, or be beautiful, make the world a better place, or be able to make people look at something from a different angle. In this pursuit we often get caught up in existing systems and power structures and end up overlooking those ‘dangers or deficiencies’ or worse creating that solution to the problem; a ‘seamless’ solution or system for everyone else, that hides knowledge of what really went into making their product or service, what the real state of some system might be."

"It might be a bit disconcerting for people if they could actually understand where all of the different pieces of the world which they interact with every day really come from and how their actions impact other systems."

a very interesting article,  by which she shows some of the principles and thinking process of early vMEME Yellow:

-Tier 2 view on how her work as a designer impacts people and society

-a lot of analysis by her in order to get away from common sense thinking, by which she calls "Complacency"

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

The adjustment and/or application of new technologies, in a society that is constantly evolving like ours, requires a vMEME Yellow level of thinking, in order to fully actualize it.

I have only one objection with regard to this analysis:

- the population aging might be a problem to our workforce only if we consider our current model of development.

but,  given the fact that A.I is spreading more and more into workplace, requiring less and less workers to make the same tasks and having the same results, and these projections being somewhere around 50-70 years into the future, so maybe, within that new paradigm, this age gap might come across as being very advantageous. 

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

This could be extrange for many of you as long as I´m mentioning someone from a third world country, but Jaime Garzón was for me a colombian yellow stage thinker, he was awesome and played characters from many other stages to help colombian people wake up. He was assassined precisely because of his vision and power.

Esto podría ser extraño para muchos de ustedes en la medida que menciono a alguien de un país del tercer mundo, pero Jaime Garzón fue para mí un pensador colombiano de etapa amarilla, fue increíble y interpretó personajes de muchas otras etapas para ayudar a la gente colombiana a despertar. Fue asesinado precisamente por su visión y poder.

On 12/12/2021 at 4:39 AM, Bernardo Carleial said:

"A truly profound and different insight is the way you begin to see that the system causes its own behavior."

Donella Meadows

This.

Great video by Daniel Schmachtenberger, hosting John Vervaeke and Iain McGilchrist.

Rewatching the Episode on Yellow and making a honest self assesment on the pointers that shows how Yellow you are or not. 

At 1:21:57 Leo goes on questions:

Are you solid on Yellow or not?

• Are you non-judmental?
  • Have you stop with Demonizing,Debating,Moralizing,Blaming,Scapegoating,Cruzading? Ranting?
  • Are you able to be impartial?
  • Can you see the world via lower stages or you think lower stages should not exist?
  • Do you see how every perspective have something to learn? No that you would became a Nazi but to see from a Nazi Mindset?
  • Are you genuine in your enjoyment of looking the world via other perspectives?
  • Are you able to go Meta? Steping outside from the dynamic you are imersed?
  • Do you see that mankind problems are not personal but systemic? 
  • Are you into study of the sytem?

How good you fit into this qualities?

•  

On 20/01/2023 at 4:31 AM, tuckerwphotography said:

Somehow this connect with the Meaning Crisis from Vervaeke

I might be wrong about that video.

But his analysis in my view, even though he tends to focus on brain activity, seems very holistic, talking about  individual and collective consciousness, and about the pros and cons of it, in a very "down to earth" manner.

Posted (edited)

Been on the search for stage yellow businesses as inspiration for my own business.

Some of these might not be totally yellow, I don't know their internal workings, but for what they proport to be online it's a good start.

Here's a few of my favorites:

Ben & Jerry's
Unilever
Patagonia
Novo Nordisk
Interface Inc
Danone
teamharvey.co
bcorporation.net

If it qualifies as a B-corp, it's probably stage yellow.

Edited by Staples

Posted (edited)

just listen

Edited by Reciprocality

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?