Bryan Lettner

Healthy ways to lower consciousness?

7 posts in this topic

Serious work is great and all, but sometimes the existential angst is too much. Like being an exposed nerve.  Anyone have good ideas for healthy ways to achieve a temporary, relaxing "durr-state" for a few hours?  To "take the edge off" more or less, take my mind off heavy stuff, induce a sense of ease and well-being.

So far i've got: regular breathing, cardio or gym, L-theanine and some herbs/supplements/ calming tea, maybe some puzzle-solving little computer games, watching some standup comedy, busying my hands with little tasks like dishes or laundry, listening to music.

Edited by Bryan Lettner

2 hours ago, Bryan Lettner said:

Healthy ways to lower consciousness?

Spend your time on www.actualized.org

2 hours ago, Bryan Lettner said:

To "take the edge off" more or less, take my mind off heavy stuff, induce a sense of ease and well-being.

@Bryan Lettner Be empty awareness.

26 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Spend your time on www.actualized.org

Haha that one was pretty good ?

22 hours ago, Bryan Lettner said:

So far i've got: regular breathing, cardio or gym, L-theanine and some herbs/supplements/ calming tea, maybe some puzzle-solving little computer games, watching some standup comedy, busying my hands with little tasks like dishes or laundry, listening to music.

Entertaining activities with friends, that do not involve (much) alcohol. I like singing best. Does any kind of socializing work for you?