Max_V

Intense urge to always be ‘doing’

11 posts in this topic

Why do I feel so pulled towards ‘doing’ every day?

It seems there is this inner motivation driving this urge of ‘doing’ because of the fear of wasting my life if I don’t do anything. After realizing how fast my life is passing by and that I’ll die eventually, this fear of not-doing has become intenser.

I’m aware I can’t directly change this since it feels like I have no control over it, but maybe unraveling the motivator of this urge could help.

I’ve tried not-doing and sitting still for 1,30 hour multiple times, but for some reason everything seems fine while sitting and it doesn’t change how I feel about ‘doing’.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Max_V

What negative consequences is this causing in your life?

@aurum I am judging every day based on what I did and how valuable it is. It takes me away from experiencing life as it is.

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

Doing just to enjoy,not because you have to do something. Otherwise is cumbersome. 

Life is to enjoy. 

Be aware of the inner voice who says  " I should be doing this now, I should be this and not that" and kill that homie just by fucking doing nothing,just sit there still and kill it. It wont come back. 

You are not supposed to be or look or do something,you are perfect the way you are. ❤

@Max_V That is the basis of the inherent suffering Buddhism and Hinduism talk about. It is possible to detach from that suffering, which is one of the attributes of enlightenment. 

Trust us. This is just a phase.

Allow it. Being comes naturally through acceptance because these are one and the same.

Let the doing happen and don't beat yourself up about it. Accept all that arises even if it's negative.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

Do you still do a lot of self refelction and thinking while doing? Or is it a distraction to not look inside yourself? Deeper problems, wounds, regrets?

I get the feeling that busyness and fear of being alone is self reflection avoidance along with addiction to TV, Games etc

@SpyAquamarine Lately I have been moving very deeply into myself. I’ve found my life purpose and feel myself becoming more authentic every day. 

It’s just that I don’t understand life at all. I feel so lost.

What am I supposed to do? How do I know I am living this life correctly? 

These are all questions that float through my mind on a daily basis

@Torkys So if I just let everything happen as it wants to unfold, eventually I will get to a place of being anyway? 

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

Interference with the flow of life just gonna make things worse. Resistance blocks the flow of consciousness and causes suffering - what else are you gonna do?

Let the doubts arise. Let the questions ask themselves. Let doing be done with the presence of Being. But also, let Resistance arise and be.

This is the closest you can get to Being. Let all suffering be burned away by Presence.

Let Wu Wei (not) be done. ❤️

Edited by Torkys

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

Don't need to worry about understanding anything. Do what feels good at your core, not instant gratifications masked as good feelings. 

When not sure, ask: 'Does it come from a place of love? If the answer is no, don't do it.