DocHoliday

Stage Yellow (Things I'm curious about)

22 posts in this topic

I know that it's just a week and a half until Leo will most likely post his Stage Yellow video, but still, I'm really interested whether or not some of you might already be able to explain a bit about it, because it seems relatively foreign to me, even though I feel quite familiar with Green and Turquoise alike.

So as far as I understand it, it's based rather heavily on conceptualisation and thinking in models and systems, but beyond that it's quite unknown territory to me. What would interest me in particular is how it emerges out of Green and why it is above it as a stage (even though I kinda already know why, I'd just like it to be explained by someone else once more:D) Also, in which ways does its way of thinking differ that much from Orange? Is it a certain holistic characteristic to it that unifies what Orange couldn't, or is it something entirely else?

Thanks in advance for replying and who knows, maybe this thread will also serve Leo to see which misconceptions or misassumptions people might have of Yellow, so that he can address them later in the final episode.

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@DocHoliday Nobody here can tell you because nobody here is at yellow. You have to study the data if you want to aquire an intellectual understanding of what it means to go through a stage. Try Susan cook-greuters dissertation paper on stage descriptions. It's a free download on the internet. 

source: cook-greuter.com 

@White I wouldn't necessarily agree that nobody on this forum is at Yellow. In fact, that'd be highly unlikely IMO since this forum is such a melting pot for so many people that aspire to higher levels of consciousness and such. But thanks for the recommendation though:)

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

5 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

@White I wouldn't necessarily agree that nobody on this forum is at Yellow. In fact, that'd be highly unlikely IMO since this forum is such a melting pot for so many people that aspire to higher levels of consciousness and such. But thanks for the recommendation though:)

Yellow doesn't mean melting pot of ideas. Where did you get that from? :D melting pot of ideas just means melting pot of ideas. 

@White If you read closely you'll see that I din't say that Yellow itself represents such a melting pot - I was describing the forum:)

Edited by DocHoliday

17 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

You implied that some people here may be at yellow BECAUSE they are posting on a forum that is a melting pot of ideas. 

So by your reasoning forum consisting of melting pot of ideas = yellow contributors.

@White Well yeah, at least there's a (high) chance for that, especially on this kind of forum. 

Just now, DocHoliday said:

@White Well yeah, at least there's a (high) chance for that, especially on this kind of forum. 

I disagree. This forum is attracting red-mean green meme. It's bordering on healthy orange with some of its members. 

@White Frankly, I can see all kinds of differnt people at differnt stages on this forum; mostly orange and green though, but yellow's certainly in the mix there too - and perhaps 1 to 5 mainly turquoise people as well, but who could possibly know who they are:ph34r:

Anyways, I found Leo's video again called "Intro to Systems Thinking", so that brought me right back on track, now it's all clear again...

I am confused by Yellow too. I don't fully know what it is.

@Brittany you won't know what it is until you get to healthy green and have Non dual insights into yellow. Until then...

Another question is if you become enlightened, do you automatically jump to turquoise? 

17 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

@White Frankly, I can see all kinds of differnt people at differnt stages on this forum; mostly orange and green though, but yellow's certainly in the mix there too - and perhaps 1 to 5 mainly turquoise people as well, but who could possibly know who they are:ph34r:

There is nobody green on here. It's only mean green meme, people who think green, talk green but are still at red because they failed to pass through blue. Critical thinkers don't come here and follow Leo like a religion. However people exploring blue might... People at red, who think green and are having insights into blue. This explains this forum. A tell tale sign is the way people shop for a perspective until they find one they agree with (or "resonate" with). This is rampant in this forum. 

Mean green meme. The "me" values meme. It's all about me and my life. My life purpose, my enlightenment, my feelings etc etc. 

Edited by White

3 minutes ago, White said:

@Brittany you won't know what it is until you get to healthy green and have Non dual insights into yellow. Until then...

I binge watch and read non-duality and have insights I have also been getting into Vernon Howard lately which has been given me a huge blow to my ego. 

My mind is still really busy but I can quiet it within seconds now. And I can tap into feelings of insane bliss within seconds too - through my focus.

I am also able to see that everything I am saying here is B.S. and a part of the illusion.

But I still don't know if that counts as yellow. Because I am still super neurotic at the same time.

@Neptune2020 Depends on how you'd interpret Enlightenment and Turquoise. Elinghtenment isn't necessarily attached or correlated to any stage at all, but should you go deep down the rabbit hole of Awakening, there's a good chance you'll naturally rise up to turquoise, even though it may not be a very deep understanding or embodiment of it, since you can't really skip stages that much. 

@Neptune2020 IMO though, the lines get quite blurry between Turquoise and Enlightenment anyway and I think that until a large portion of the population gets there, it all remains speculation and armchair-philosophy of what might be, but not actually is. 

If you think of green as the first perspective sifter, but can be locked in one perspective at a time. Yellow is the first multi-perspective user, meaning yellow can think/talk in a couple of perspectives at one time.

M
eaning in a hypothetical conversation: yellow will see the ways you are right, the ways you are not, the way you feel about it, what are you missing, what yellow is not seeing, the way the others feel, the ways he is right, the ways he is not, how society influenced your opinion, and how there is a spark of individuality in your opinion.. He develops meta-judging thinking, he judges his own judging system. And will rarely get locked and carried away by just one perspective, a thing green people often do.

Green will say: Man is destroying nature! and causing the suffering and extinction of a lot of lifeforms!
Yellow will say: If you take a perspective that man and nature are separate things, than yes, man is destroying nature, but also, nature is destroying man, nature is not the only beautiful forests at sunset, but nature is also cancer, syphilis and hunger.  That's if you take that perspective, but if you try to see that man is not separate from nature, and all the destruction he causes is just an extension of nature, things will look very differently to you.

And that's how he would end his sentence, leaving you wondering, what does this person stand for, does he have an opinion or is he just trying to be smart, his argument does not have a closing point..... and ...why was that subtle smile and look while he was listening to me.  

Edited by Clayman

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"

@Clayman Ah, there we go! Perfect. Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Clayman said:

Green will say: Man is destroying nature! and causing the suffering and extinction of a lot of lifeforms!
Yellow will say: If you take a perspective that man and nature are separate things, than yes, man is destroying nature, but also, nature is destroying man, nature is not the only beautiful forests at sunset, but nature is also cancer, syphilis and hunger.  That's if you take that perspective, but if you try to see that man is not separate from nature, and all the destruction he causes is just an extension of nature, things will look very differently to you.

And that's how he would end his sentence, leaving you wondering, what does this person stand for, does he have an opinion or is he just trying to be smart, his argument does not have a closing point..... and ...why was that subtle smile and look while he was listening to me.  

So yellow is the end of judgement?

But how do you tell the difference between a yellow person and a philosopher who just knows a lot of head knowledge?

Because I know a ton of people (philosophy geeks) who are like your example.