Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChimpBrain

Is Leo aware of Russell Brand?

14 posts in this topic

There was a part in the new stage orange video about orange's limitations, and moving into green, that reminded me specifically of Russell Brand's story. Basically he ran stage Orange to the end, got rich and famous, married a beautiful popstar, was a sex and drug addict, and at his lowest point had some kind of spiritual awakening that has led him into green/yellow. 

If you're heavily orange yourself, like me, his podcast is probably worth listening to. His most recent episode just happens to be with a favorite on here, Jordan Peterson. https://www.russellbrand.com/podcasts/

Episode of JRE where he tells his whole story. 

Yup, Russell is a great role-model. Let's hope it's not just a front.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

He manages to run circles around conventionally-minded Orange/Green people, which is just delicious:

He's a really great example of social and emotional IQ, rather than logical IQ.

That's what post-rationalism looks like.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

He manages to run circles around conventionally minded Orange/Green people:

He's really bright and has a way with words, that's for sure. I noticed though in his podcast with Sam Harris that I found myself thinking Sam was "right" more than Russell, which tells me I must be still more in Orange than I'd like to be. 

I also wanted to mention his book, Revolution, in the OP but forgot. it's very green/yellow and also very funny.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yup, Russell is a great role-model. Let's hope it's not just a front.

Do you have reason to think it is? He seems pretty genuine to me. He's been doing the Trews for years now so if it's a front it's one he's been keeping up for a long time LOL. It seems like this would be something that's hard to fake. 

20 minutes ago, ChimpBrain said:

Basically he ran stage Orange to the end, got rich and famous, married a beautiful popstar, was a sex and drug addict, and at his lowest point had some kind of spiritual awakening that has led him into green/yellow.

I've disliked him in the past from what little i saw of him. He was hosting on big brother, seemed like a total d**khead, i think he went round saying how he banged thousands's of women, I think he even did a prank phone call to someone famous's dad to tell them how he banged their daughter (unless im confusing him with someone else).

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Russell is a great role-model.

He can be into spirituality now and wise but I disagree with @Leo Gura I don't think he's a great role model to look up to but if can learn something then steal the wisdom.

edit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Russell_Brand_Show_prank_telephone_calls_row

Edited by blazed

6 minutes ago, ChimpBrain said:

Do you have reason to think it is? He seems pretty genuine to me. He's been doing the Trews for years now so if it's a front it's one he's been keeping up for a long time LOL. It seems like this would be something that's hard to fake. 

He seems genuine, but you never really know with celebrities. What you see on TV is a sliver of their entire lives. And as an ex-addict, it's easy to backslide.

I hope he keeps it up.

12 minutes ago, ChimpBrain said:

I noticed though in his podcast with Sam Harris that I found myself thinking Sam was "right" more than Russell, which tells me I must be still more in Orange than I'd like to be.

Funny, I thought Russell's position was wiser than Sam's.

Sam is still stuck in his mind and defending a rationalist ideology.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Funny, I thought Russell's position was wiser than Sam's.

Sam is still stuck in his mind and defending a rationalist ideology.

I liked Sam a bit more after this video:

At least it's something...

Edited by blazed

29 minutes ago, blazed said:

I liked Sam a bit more after this video:

At least it's something...

Same as you. I also loved his Death video. I don't agree with everything but he did a great job on it. 

Edited by Brittany

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

He's a really great example of social and emotional IQ, rather than logical IQ.

That's what post-rationalism looks like.

'You've got hair like Princess Diana.........when she was alive, I wasn't being offensive!'

'She's grasping for shafts! She's a shaft grasper!!'

'You're ovulating!' 

xDxDxD

Hahaha! Ohhhhh I dearly love Russell. He sticks out like a sore thumb in the company of these people. The woman in blue was fearful because she knew he could see straight though her. It actually turned her on. I love this interview so much.

Edited by Sparkist

Green's response to Orange and Blue (if I'm not mistaken)...and might I add, fucking hilarious!