stevegan928

What Are Examples Of Stage Yellow People?

91 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

@Joseph Maynor According to the book Wilber is turquoise

Watch this video of Ken explain how to pass through a stage. Pay particular attention to when he talks about shadow. Understand that when he talks about the "enlightened dick" he's not "moralizing", he's just calling a spade a spade. 

source: cook-greuter.com 

16 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Steve Jobs is at Stage Yellow.  I’m so solid on this.  It’s a no-brainer for me.

What traits would make you think he was yellow by the way? I doubt I’m as knowledgable as you in Spiral Dynamics, but I read his entire biography by Walter Isaacson, and he didn’t seem like he even completed his Green development. Sure, he tried alternative practices associated with Green, but it didn’t seem really Green in its core.

He was a brilliant man — a visionary of our age, but people wise, he doesn’t seem to have the patience and compassion of Green. He was overly harsh with his employees, asking for extremely high and sometimes impossible standards — that made much of his workplace hate him. Sure, they respected his strategic intelligence, but they certainly didn’t like him.

A Yellow person would at the least would be able to disagree with his employees without raging against them, but unfortunately Steve Jobs did not. Reading some of his influences on managers in the Harvard Business Magazine, his story encouraged a lot of Orange managers to be unfortunately too harsh on his employees, and this is the result.

Being an innovator does not make you Yellow. The combination of strategy and productivity from Orange and the compassion and acceptance of Green is what makes someone Yellow. And he is not.

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

16 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Watch this video

@stevegan928

Steve, a nice video from integrals Jeff salzman who attempts to recontextuslize meat consumption through the lens of a 2nd tier moral framework. 

@WaterfallMachine yellow is striving to create the best workplace environments for their employees. They value setting up situations where employees are valued, listened to and their mental and personal welfare is taken into account. Yellow does not regress back to conventional or pre conventional morality. The only difference between green and yellow morality as far as I can see from the data and from studying this subject for the last 10 years is that yellow doesn't anymore see the utility of taking all perspectives as "equally valid". It understands that hierarchies of ideas do exist and are necessary. Therefore yellow takes into consideration what it sees as the most important opinions relevant to the context. For example a green leader would try to make a decision based on an extreme democratic position where he/she asked all of their employees opinions. Yellow would would make a decision based on the opinions of his/her most trusted people.  

Another aspect of yellow is it's ability to think in a much longer timeframes and much larger and more complex contexts. Yellow leader is now making decisions based on how behaviour affects not only itself or its immediate cultural context, but yellow is considering actions that have an impact on the world at large and for future generations. That's how global a worldview yellow is. Which also makes me wonder about Steve jobs, he didn't really fit into that category. His aim was to corner the global market and design a hardware system that sustained itself by creating software that was only compatible for that operating system. If you buy an iPhone you are tied to only purchasing apple apps. Very clever, very orange, the "best" in his field. But not yellow. Yellow is concerned with being the "most" one can be rather that the best one can be..

17 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Watch this video

@Emerald

Nice video emerald. You're taking about blue/rule role morality from an orange/GREEN perspective that questions social constructs. The mistake youre making is that youre talking conceptually as if you can just stay in the transcendent after disidentifying from blue. You're not talking about enlightenment perse, but are confusing disidentification from our socially constructed self with witnessing awareness. The loss of desire to be a good person is not the end of the road when it comes to development. You can access big mind in blue and orange, but you will still be functioning at those stages for a while until you climb to the next stage and inhabit it fully. Morality is a much more complex issue than being embedded in socially constructed blue.

1 hour ago, White said:

@Emerald

Nice video emerald. You're taking about blue/rule role morality from an orange/GREEN perspective that questions social constructs. The mistake youre making is that youre talking conceptually as if you can just stay in the transcendent after disidentifying from blue. You're not talking about enlightenment perse, but are confusing disidentification from our socially constructed self with witnessing awareness. The loss of desire to be a good person is not the end of the road when it comes to development. You can access big mind in blue and orange, but you will still be functioning at those stages for a while until you climb to the next stage and inhabit it fully. Morality is a much more complex issue than being embedded in socially constructed blue.

Thank you. :) I don't know where I would put this idea on the Spiral Dynamics map. But the main thing I wanted to get across is that morality has an important practical function for the individual and society. But it can also be problematic for the seeker (and the non-seeker too) because the morality structure can hide so much and can contribute to the shadow. So, my advice was to keep the morality structure very very simple while on the path.

Think of a moral as a practical tool for functioning. So, if you have lots of tools, it's going to encumber you and you'll get tripped up with your tools. But if you have one practical tool in the form of the Golden Rule which is simple and flexible and you understand that it's just a tool, it will be easier to just pick it up when you need it and put it back in your tool-belt when you don't. Also, because it's not as complex as having a laundry list of principles, it's easier to dis-identify with it. And you'll be less likely to judge other people for arbitrary reasons. 

But during my experiences of ego transcendence, I didn't really need morals at all. It was just really obvious that I was deeply intertwined with all of reality. So, I didn't have to use the Golden Rule because I didn't have to put myself in anyone else's shoes. I already knew that harm coming to others meant that harm was coming to me. But for seekers who are actively letting go of ego, which is often the motivator for empathetic/compassionate behavior, it is important to keep morality around as a tool to keep from devolving into Zen Devilry. But keeping it simple is optimal. 

Edited by Emerald

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Thank you emerald for giving some background context.  I replied to you in the context that Joseph was using your video. I think Joseph is confused about pre and post conventional morality. Joseph has latched onto the idea that after disidentifying from the socially constructed self (blue/orange) that there is no more morality after that. But in actual fact yellow reinhabits morality consciously (green morality is unconscious) and fosters a new morality based on the I-thou relationship (post conventional self) rather than the socially constructed irrational morality. 

Or the owner of School of Life, Alain De Botton: 

14 hours ago, White said:

@stevegan928

Steve, a nice video from integrals Jeff salzman who attempts to recontextuslize meat consumption through the lens of a 2nd tier moral framework. 

I don't think eating meat is wrong. I think criticizing veganism (the idea) is wrong. There are plenty of valid reasons to criticize vegan people however.