Durka_Durka

Six Pillars of Self Esteem

12 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I've been doing the sentence stems for the 6 pillars of self esteem for the past 2 weeks and I have decided that because my self esteem is very low in all six pillars that I will spend two months on each pillar doing the stems. However I am having trouble with applying anything that I am coming up with. 

I am currently doing "Living consciously" and I have found that my level of awareness of what I am doing has drastically increased, but I find it so hard to act upon my actual wants and desires and don't feel I can. Which then I go back to the sentence stems thinking that I'm not doing this right because I'm not living consciously. I really don't know what to do about it.

Any input would be appreicated

2 hours ago, Durka_Durka said:

Hi All,

I've been doing the sentence stems for the 6 pillars of self esteem for the past 2 weeks and I have decided that because my self esteem is very low in all six pillars that I will spend two months on each pillar doing the stems. However I am having trouble with applying anything that I am coming up with. 

I am currently doing "Living consciously" and I have found that my level of awareness of what I am doing has drastically increased, but I find it so hard to act upon my actual wants and desires and don't feel I can. Which then I go back to the sentence stems thinking that I'm not doing this right because I'm not living consciously. I really don't know what to do about it.

Any input would be appreicated

I worked through all the sentence stems myself.  This is quality personal development work you’re doing.  This gets you digging into your self-image so you can find out what’s in there.  You can’t address a problem until you can identify it.  What you’re doing is helping yourself identify problems now and later on down the road.  So, doing this work is a good investment for you.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor I guess you're right and it's not as if nothing in my life is improving really. I'm just finding it hard to take massive action because even the 5% increase has increased my awareness a lot. So I know a lot of what I want to do and where I want to go (kind of) but I find myself deliberately making myself unconscious (through dumb activities like watching YouTube videos) and before I know it, I've been lazing around for hours and I feel heavy and not bothered about doing what I want to do. 

I'm thinking about doing the sentence stems and other exercises Branden suggests alongside reading the Sedona Method (which I've never read) to help get my resistance out the way and deal with past events that are hindering me (which I feel more aware of now). Which I assume it helps with from what I've heard. 

@K VIL That's not just one of the six pillars, that's actually a key component of one of the two foundations self esteem is based on :')

@Durka_Durka You're too focused on action. Don't worry about that. Fixing your self-esteem is INNER work. You don't have to do everything you write. Consciousness is being raised by the exercises. The exercises ARE the action in this case.

Stop guilting yourself and allow yourself to just do the exercises without expectations or rules, without needing some kind of outcome.

As your self-esteem & consciousness increases, your action-taking abilities will also increase.

Action != self-esteem

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Thank you for that Leo, that's very helpful. I read through the final part of the chapter again and realised I was placing too many expectations upon what I was writing. 

I was just concerned because I've been realising more and more that I subconsciously put myself in unconscious states on purpose when I don't feel like taking action on something that I actually want to do and achieve. So I wanted to clear that away. But I assume like you say that, the more conscious I become, the more I will be able to take action on those things anyway. 

Also forgive my ignorance but what does "!=" mean? xD

@Durka_Durka. Im reading the book right now

He says doing the stems alone is enough, the rest will come by itself. Just keep doing the stems, by this exercise u will bring the content slowley into ur conscious.

Dont force it into ur mind throughout the day

@ThinAir I know that's what he says but h also says that the betrayal of your consciousness is self-esteem lowering, so I don't want to do that. 

However I am finding that I am actually being more aware of the action I must take