Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Azza

Ancient egyptian god Ptah - creation through consciousness

10 posts in this topic

I wanted to share with you guys this cool story about the egyptian god Ptah and how he created the universe. The story is actually not so different from our understanding consciousness and how the universe was created. 

According to the Memphite Theogony, the world was brought into being by Ptah through his heart and Words: 

"There took shape in the heart, there took shape on the tongue the form of Atum. For the very great one is Ptah, who gave life to all the gods and their kas through this heart and through this tongue," and "For every word of the god came about through what the heart devised and the tongue commanded"

Ptah fashioned the universe through harmonics and thought. He helped the dead on their travels through the afterlife allowing them to transform into his divine figure. He allowed the dead to be like the living after death with the Opening of the Mouth ceremony. The Apis bull was his sacred animal, more of a representation of his soul on earth who gave fertility and rebirth to the people.

Herodotus wrote that the Apis bull was conceived from a bolt of lightning. The lightning was thought by the Egyptians to be Ptah in the form of a celestial fire.

I thought it's pretty cool honestly. 

Cool. :)

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

You should give The Kybalion a read, i think you will like it :)

B R E A T H E

28 minutes ago, pluto said:

You should give The Kybalion a read, i think you will like it :)

Oh i just googled and it looks interesting. Will definitely check it out. Thank you!

4 hours ago, Azza said:

Ptah fashioned the universe through harmonics and thought

@Azza Interesting.

@cetus56 right? i really liked the use of the word harmonics here. 

@Joseph Maynor yes! zoroastrianism is one of the most important foundation of the current ibrahamic religions yet the serious hate ibrahamic religions have towards it is crazy. i was raised to think zoroastrians worship fire and always thought that's pretty stupid lol. also others think it is more like buddhism and hinduism yet it is closer at core to ibrahamic religions. knowing the truth though i think zoroastrianism was a big shift in spiritual beliefs. same as Amun in Egypt, he was the first monotheistic deity since it was believed that all the other gods are manifestations of him.

21 minutes ago, Azza said:

@cetus56 right? i really liked the use of the word harmonics here. 

@Joseph Maynor yes! zoroastrianism is one of the most important foundation of the current ibrahamic religions yet the serious hate ibrahamic religions have towards it is crazy. i was raised to think zoroastrians worship fire and always thought that's pretty stupid lol. also others think it is more like buddhism and hinduism yet it is closer at core to ibrahamic religions. knowing the truth though i think zoroastrianism was a big shift in spiritual beliefs. same as Amun in Egypt, he was the first monotheistic deity since it was believed that all the other gods are manifestations of him.

I’m so glad you’re on the Forum.  I too am interested in Egyptology.

20 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I’m so glad you’re on the Forum.  I too am interested in Egyptology.

Thank you [: I'm glad to have found this forum. About Egyptology I can't say I know much but it is part of my upbringing so i'm comfortable talking about it.