MilenaS

Searching for the optimaldiet for human

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a question: if we are naturally herbivorous then why is it so hard for us to get all the vitamins only from non-animal products? For example B12, why do we need it if B12 exists in animal products and not in plants? (Some people say that chlorella contains it but I didn't find reliable source of information). So I''m looking for a clear (not etical!) reason to become a vegan. Thanks in advance! :)

I've read B12 is found in the ground.

Cows eat a bit of mud/dirt when they eat grass.

I wouldn't eat non-washed vegetables tho, the main reason is parasites.

How do you like your heart?

The review found that a plant-based diet:

Reduces the risk of death from cardiovascular disease by 40 percent.

Reduces the risk of coronary heart disease by 40 percent.

Fully or partially opens blocked arteries in up to 91 percent of patients.

Reduces the risk of hypertension by 34 percent.

Is associated with 29 mg/dL and 23 mg/dL lower total cholesterol and LDL-C levels, respectively, compared with non-vegetarian diets.

Is associated with weight loss.

Or, um... Life?

Maintaining five healthy habits—eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, keeping a healthy body weight, not drinking too much alcohol, and not smoking—during adulthood may add more than a decade to life expectancy, according to a new study led by Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

Although I admit the bottom quote doesn't limit you to veganism.

4 hours ago, Soulbass said:

I've read B12 is found in the ground.

So when my school bullies told me to eat dirt, they were trying to help me out? I never knew. 

I need to make some calls.

8 hours ago, MilenaS said:

Hi, I have a question: if we are naturally herbivorous then why is it so hard for us to get all the vitamins only from non-animal products? For example B12, why do we need it if B12 exists in animal products and not in plants? (Some people say that chlorella contains it but I didn't find reliable source of information). So I''m looking for a clear (not etical!) reason to become a vegan. Thanks in advance! :)

Good point. Try surviving on a vegan diet in the wilderness and you’ll soon find it’s impossible. I think I may have found a better diet and I’ve been trying it out for the last three months. It’s called raw paleo or raw primal. Aajonus Vonderplanitz and Melissa henig are advocates of this diet. You can find them on YouTube or read their books. 

51 minutes ago, Slade said:

Good point. Try surviving on a vegan diet in the wilderness and you’ll soon find it’s impossible. I think I may have found a better diet and I’ve been trying it out for the last three months. It’s called raw paleo or raw primal. Aajonus Vonderplanitz and Melissa henig are advocates of this diet. You can find them on YouTube or read their books. 

@MilenaS Also, Frank Tufano. And sv3rige...but he's an...interesting fellow, to say the least.

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

B12 is found in fruits and vegetables too but modern science disregards this, It is not a deficiency problem, it is a re-absorption problem. It is actually proven people who consume animal products are more deficient in B-12 than vegans or vegetarians as they are usually less health conscious.

Here is a excellent read on how B-12 really works and why all this has become what it is today. http://www.vibrancyuk.com/B12.html

B R E A T H E

b12 is found in bacteria and ancient cultures got it in their water