The Don

Leo, I hope you will respond.

6 posts in this topic

Hi.

Since last year I began my self-actualization journey.

Now I feel like I need to be productive and I feel like I need to offer something to the world.

I live in Romania and in my country there aren't so many Self-Actualizing YouTube channels.

Not to be mean but many of these YouTube channels are bullshit so to speak. They all pray on people and offer them quick fixes and the promise of fast results.

But in reality it doesn't work that way. George Leonard wrote a great book called MASTERY.

I want to start my own YouTube channel in Romanian language because people need help.

The single biggest problem I have is when I turn on the camera and try to speak, words won't come out and if they come out... they aren't well spoken.

How can I improve my communication? Do I need to read more books? Do I have to write more? What should I do?

Leo is the best motherfucker communicator out there on YouTube and I don't exaggerate that.

I would like you Leo to make an episode on how to be a good communicator when you speak in front of a camera.

I know it's all about practice. That would be fine but words won't come out and I don't understand why.

Thanks in advance man.

Edited by The Don
Uppercase text.

Me on the road less traveled.

Maybe you are nervous or just dont know how to formulate sentences. I would suggest to listen to speakers and say exactly the sentences they say. The more you do, the more natural it will be. Thats what i did

What I have noticed is that the best YouTubers are extremely information dense. 

One minute of these people contains as much information as 10 minutes of a YouTuber of lesser caliber. 

If you watch Leo's videos. They are extremely information dense. 

There are other examples as well. Usually the ones with a great following. 

The ones that are not that popular. Watch them. A lot of time the video is 20 minutes long and only one or two good points are made. And the rest is just rambling. 

@The Don 1) You can only speak effectively about topics which you are well-versed in. So lots of research, study, and practice with the topic you're talking about is key.

2) You must also be genuinely passionate and interested in the topic.

3) Practice, practice, practice. Don't think too much, just let your mouth move and say whatever it feels like saying. You can polish it up with more practice.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@The Don 1) You can only speak effectively about topics which you are well-versed in. So lots of research, study, and practice with the topic you're talking about is key.

2) You must also be genuinely passionate and interested in the topic.

3) Practice, practice, practice. Don't think too much, just let your mouth move and say whatever it feels like saying. You can polish it up with more practice.

Thank you! :D

Me on the road less traveled.

11 hours ago, The Don said:

Hi.

Since last year I began my self-actualization journey.

Now I feel like I need to be productive and I feel like I need to offer something to the world.

I live in Romania and in my country there aren't so many Self-Actualizing YouTube channels.

Not to be mean but many of these YouTube channels are bullshit so to speak. They all pray on people and offer them quick fixes and the promise of fast results.

But in reality it doesn't work that way. George Leonard wrote a great book called MASTERY.

I want to start my own YouTube channel in Romanian language because people need help.

The single biggest problem I have is when I turn on the camera and try to speak, words won't come out and if they come out... they aren't well spoken.

How can I improve my communication? Do I need to read more books? Do I have to write more? What should I do?

Leo is the best motherfucker communicator out there on YouTube and I don't exaggerate that.

I would like you Leo to make an episode on how to be a good communicator when you speak in front of a camera.

I know it's all about practice. That would be fine but words won't come out and I don't understand why.

Thanks in advance man.

I'm currently beginning to work on a youtube channel and a blog about conscious lifestyle. Also in my native language. People, who can speak English, have access to high quality resources on the web (and to books, communities, lectures, courses, teachers etc.).

But there are many others, who are doomed to consume worthless information and keep living unconscious lives simply because there is no proper information for them. Almost all "self help" or "spiritual" resources in my language are whether a scam or purely ego-based. Many people in their current cultural and informational environment don't even have a chance to start researching how to live more consciously.

Yeah, like Leo said, speaking on camera with confidence is easier, when you are very competent in your topic and sincerely passionate about it. And it's very difficult to be truly an expert in such fields as meditation, mindfulness, high consciousness values, society, cultural influence, nature of mind, beliefs, honesty, self-sabotage, delusions of mind, subconscious, paradox, mysticism etc. I'm not even mentioning such things as Truth, Enlightenment. 

BUT. I think, we, amateurs, students of conscious living, can still have a positive impact on the world.

You don't have to teach others as if you were a master. Don't try to be who you are not. It creates a lot of pressure. Just share your experience as a student of personal development, spirituality, psychology. It is interesting for others too. They can see value in this too. It can be life-changing for them too. This can show them the possibility. The alternative perspective. And hope too.

And, also, what helped me with videos -- you may try to write down your whole video script first (in OneNote, for example). Try to read it aloud, then edit it, then read again. Give yourself time. It might take several days at first. Write again. Read again. Edit. You will know your weak and strong points. Through editing you will reassure yourself in what you really want to say. This will give confidence before on camera. Also, you will have a better structure of your speech before recording. 

While recording, you can have your written speech or a brief plan of it in front of you. Don't read it, but it also gives confidence and makes structure of the speech more clear in your head. Try to make videos shorter and as simple as possible. If a topic is too complicated, try easier topic at first.