dude

The Dark Side of Psychedelics

41 posts in this topic

Felt like sharing this poddo. Really opened my eyes to the potential dark sides of psychedelics that don't get a lot of attention.

I feel like they are attached to their meanings and identity, hence the "problems" arise. "how do i communicate X", "how do i make the world a better place"... they create the dark side out of ignorance. psychedelics are insanely dangerous without self actualization.

1 minute ago, Viking said:

I feel like they are attached to their meanings and identity, hence the "problems" arise. "how do i communicate X", "how do i make the world a better place"... they create the dark side out of ignorance. psychedelics are insanely dangerous without self actualization.

With self actualisation is dangerous too.There are levels of actualisation and there are no rules.You can not distinguish the fake from the real, these substances are extremely powerful and we have no clue what exactly they are.We have no clue what we are, we have no clue what psychosis exactly is.It is the first complete view-opinion about the 'dark side' of psychedelics.Everyone here talks only for the goods but lets be realistic and smart!!!

22 minutes ago, Crystalous said:

You can not distinguish the fake from the real

that's precisely why you need self actualization, there is no "real", and you gotta know how to cope with that. If you're not gonna self actualize psychedelics can turn you into a lunatic easier.

I realize that also with self actualization it's dangerous, and caution is needed, but with enough caution and wisdom you can extract a lot of positive life changes without obtaining delusions.

35 minutes ago, Viking said:

that's precisely why you need self actualization, there is no "real", and you gotta know how to cope with that. If you're not gonna self actualize psychedelics can turn you into a lunatic easier.

I realize that also with self actualization it's dangerous, and caution is needed, but with enough caution and wisdom you can extract a lot of positive life changes without obtaining delusions.

Theres no "fake" either!

1 hour ago, Crystalous said:

Theres no "fake" either!

I agree, I think the most accurate state to be in is "dont know".

On 6.6.2018 at 3:07 PM, Viking said:

I agree, I think the most accurate state to be in is "dont know".

yet

42 minutes ago, now is forever said:

yet

why? how can you know or not know something for certain?

except that youre aware i guess

@Viking you never know anything until you know, and even then you might not know - but you know at least more or less than before xD

“i don’t know” is just a comfort zone.

Edited by now is forever

@Viking there is no exploration without an explorer. truth is what remains when you explore until it is shaken to be not true anymore. 

if you experienced both under exploration you at least know what is your truth.

Edited by now is forever

Just now, now is forever said:

@Viking there is no exploration without an explorer. truth is what remains when you explore until it is shaken to be not true anymore. 

but there's stuff you cant disprove. I cant disprove, even experientially, that there's no outside world. hence I stay in a place where I dont know.

The dark side of psychedelics is people start to take their trips way too literally.  Instead of using psychedelics as a tool, they become a victim of clinging to new la la land beliefs about reality.  The problem is, all 'beliefs' about 'reality' block Enlightenment, including your new la la land beliefs induced by the psychedelics.  It's not the psychedelics that's the problem, it's how you interpreted them that is.  That's a danger with psychedelics is that you think you're doing something good for your Enlightenment, when you actually might end up blocking your Enlightenment by clinging inappropriately to the experiences you have when you trip.  So, I'm ok with psychedelics for use as a Personal Development tool, but they need a big caveat too.  It's like alcohol, some people can casually have 2 drinks per day that actually benefits their life, and other people end up as street bums in the final stages of alcoholism.  Is it the alcohol that's bad? -- no, it's the person interpreting the alcohol that's bad.  It's the non-constructive use of drugs that's bad, not drugs themselves.  Although you do need to burn through all addictions.  I'm assuming the person having two drinks per day has burned through their addiction to alcohol, if they ever had one.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Viking yes but why, just why does it matter? before you knew that, did you know what will come after death? or the next day? so why do you want to know what is outside of the now? because someone or some substance had the idea to mindfuck you? because we think we are already at the end of knowledge? 

but it’s easy to prove drug reality agains everyday reality. especially if you had some really bad trips.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever its not a question of whether it matters or not, its a question of truth. the only thing i know for sure is that i exist, but that doesnt mean its the only truth that can be. the outside world can exist, i don't know

Just now, Viking said:

@now is forever its not a question of whether it matters or not, its a question of truth. the only thing i know for sure is that i exist, but that doesnt mean its the only truth that can be. the outside world can exist, i don't know

Why are you trying to 'know' for Enlightenment?  That's like expecting a steak to taste like a strawberry.

@now is forever didnt get you.

all im saying is that i dont know about other potential truths, and the only truth that i do know is that i exist