Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkusSweden

How was your spiritual life before you know of spirituality and its concepts?

7 posts in this topic

Do you remember? Maybe you were a child or adolescent.

That inner mysterious life, it was amazing, yet we didn't know that there was a field called spirituality.

We lacked all concepts like infinity, non duality, samadhi, meditation etcetera. 

We just meditated naturally without knowing there was a word for it, and we experienced what all those concepts were pointing at, without knowing the concepts themselves.

Do you remember? 

Tell us something from your youth. :)  

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Being an ex-Christian who studied theology to become a priest. I came one day to the conclusion that the supernatural does not exist and became an Atheist. Even while still a believer I rejected any religion but the Christian religion. During my Atheist time, I continued rejecting all the religions and meditation or spirituality. So after going full logic and objective and dropping all belief of more than what can be experienced with the 5 senses, reality hit me so hard that I started seeing reality as it is and experiencing psychic abilities. I only had the notions from the bible back then and made sense that the bible and any religion speaks about my body/mind as a whole, translated in caricatural stories and dungeons & dragons drama. 

Zero. I was in martial arts at the age of 9,and my teacher led me to see a Bruce Lee movie. He was a bruce lee fanatic.
I too turned into a "Dragon" fanatic, and watched every movie (only 4 1/2 :(),and read every biography and book related to all things Bruce Lee.
He was Chinese, so I got interested in the culture and found the "internal arts". Which was the start of my spiritual interests. Honestly didn't give a crap about spirituality, it was just exotic and mysterious and fed my imagination. Shaolin monk warriors and all that shit. I meditated for no other reason than to feed the monk warrior fantasy, loll. Interestingly though, it led to an inner energy experience. Heat in the body and a feeling of expansion beyond the body. It was fun and playful, no serious spiritual intentions. Interestingly, and not so great, I began having seizures after the aforementioned experience. For four years. Then they stopped. Doctors could never find a cause, and it is just my assumption that the energy experience was the cause. So,be careful playing with that energy kids ;). Some of you have started the Kriya practice, and reading some of the posts, some of you are doing too much too soon and having unwanted side effects and physical symptoms. Be careful.

I scrapped anything spiritual after that for several years, until mid twenties and got back into meditation for stress, mood related issues. Did that off and on, nothing serious. Honestly I just grew out of the mysterious spiritual stuff, and chalked it up to BS belief. Enlightened folks were just imagining all that shit :D.  Tolle's books convinced me it might not be bullshit. So, I started seeking a "proven" method of practice, and TM was it. Until Sadhguru showed up on YT,loll. This was the dude I, unknowingly, was looking for. "When the student is ready, teacher will appear" and all that jazz. That was my official initiation into the spiritual game. Had absolute reality awakening experience which, whether wanted or not, means "spirituality" is for life now. Caught in the tiger's mouth,and no escape :S. Given there's no death mishap anytime soon,permanent abiding is a definite possibility. Since that is fully dependent on grace, regardless of how much practice is done, it's not a guaranteed thing.

Spare the "you're already that" jargon. Yes it's true, but if anyone thinks you just slip on into permanent abiding non duality, you're in for a rude "awakening", loll. Some get there with little to no effort, but that's the exception, not the norm.

Wow, this is a great question.  Lemme take some time to answer it.  You’re a smart dude.  

I was tapped into spirituality but less consciously.  I am so much more conscious now than then.  I didn’t have the kind of advice I needed to grow deeper.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

From childhood i was drawn to all mystic supernatural stories thanks to my grandmother. With her stories also came some of her beliefs that was passed on to me that blocked some of awesomness in me? i was always waiting for supernatural things and in teenage i realised then it wont happen. I was drawn to Osho and read only what i liked denouncing god and all.(When supernatural things didnt happen i really was pissed with god) when i was 14 i found out everything was meaningless but still my foot firm on materialestic paradigm. This is the worst thing that can happen to u, Believe me u desire something and suddenly belief says homie this is meaningless. I fighted with this for 9 years. My career my dream everything hit road block. I didnt do a thing for six years after my graduation. Living off my parents money. Then i went to study pg and had an affair and break up and was again back to sitting in the couch. Then came my saviour Fucking God Leo. His 300+ videos, where my Red pill. i eat it 24×7. Two and half years passed i cant even relate to my old friends godammit i cant even relate to my family or my old stories. Iam not waiting for supernatural anymore i found out Iam supernatural thing that exist.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@pluto That is beautiful.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2