pluto

One of the best speeches on Veganism i have ever heard.

8 posts in this topic

Especially 8:56 on wards is powerful and undeniably true.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@K VIL All is well friend, this is just to help raise awareness and another way to look at the bigger picture. No one is forcing you or rushing you, just giving you another perspective of how we can create harmony not only for ourselves but the whole planet :)

B R E A T H E

I think most people agree that we don’t want to cause animals suffering. But to claim that we don’t instinctively kill or eat meat is ridiculous. How you’re raised influences that more than anything. You can be raised to think eating your own shit is normal if all the people around you do it. 

I think there’s a middle ground to be had here. We can kill animals and eat them in a humane and even spiritual way. Indigenous tribes still do it to this day. In fact, the Buffalo dance that the native Americans do comes from a place of compassion for animals. 

6 hours ago, pluto said:

@K VIL All is well friend, this is just to help raise awareness and another way to look at the bigger picture. No one is forcing you or rushing you, just giving you another perspective of how we can create harmony not only for ourselves but the whole planet :)

KILL ALL THE PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGS

20 hours ago, Slade said:

I think most people agree that we don’t want to cause animals suffering. But to claim that we don’t instinctively kill or eat meat is ridiculous. How you’re raised influences that more than anything. You can be raised to think eating your own shit is normal if all the people around you do it. 

I think there’s a middle ground to be had here. We can kill animals and eat them in a humane and even spiritual way. Indigenous tribes still do it to this day. In fact, the Buffalo dance that the native Americans do comes from a place of compassion for animals.

Thanks for this perspective. I did that today with a deer. It was an incredibly spiritual experience eating something that was living this morning - way more than buying fruit shipped from Ecuador at the supermarket. And the fact that it was an animal with a central nervous system humbles me and makes me more grateful to be alive. 

If I lived in the tropics though, I'm sure eating fruit would be a more spiritual experience. Much easier to be vegan/fruitarian in the tropics. Generally though, I think eating local connects me more deeply with Source.

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

I know @pluto I know . . .

But we can still save this thread. All we need is Kerry and her jocular compassion.

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

Personally, i am not 100% Vegan or whatever myself but i find that a (whole food)mostly plant-based diet makes me a better person, i am more gentle, more conscious/aware, i think better, mental clarity is much better, speed, power, and everything that i did before has evolved in a far more efficient way so to speak. Mind/Body/Spirit.

I still consume raw honey for example, much better than sugar frying my brain and causing mood swings and don't stress about it like the guy does in that video if something like that does happen.

I live a more buddhist/taoist approach to life. I personally don't judge others if they consume animal products because i live with people who do as long as they are kind and loving to one another, it doesn't bother me as they have their own path of evolution and i understand they are not where i am as of here and now so they will not see eye to eye no matter what.

They are like children to me so i respect their own pace of growth.

I simply mind my own business but i do like to share what has helped me and could help the planet become better and more collectively conscious as a whole. I feel this way, seeds will be planted one way or another and people have the freedom to take in what they want and discard what they want and create their own way of life that they feel suits them best because if they feel great and sense of freedom, they will naturally become better and more consciously evolved beings, ultimately treating themselves and others better which only leads one to more awareness on a collective level thus better world for everyone.

Peace & Love

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

17 hours ago, SoothedByRain said:

I know @pluto I know . . .

But we can still save this thread. All we need is Kerry and her jocular compassion.

Found this excellent talk too, she speaks very well i agree :)

B R E A T H E