CreamCat

What would a psychopath look like after proper self-actualization?

11 posts in this topic

Would a psychopath ever want self actualization?

Would a psychopath stop actively trying to manipulate or lie to other people to serve one's own needs after self-actualization?

Edited by CreamCat

No Self, no psychopathic tendencies. It's all part of Identity / Ego / Self. Enlightenment being the loss of Self. Once achieved there is no relating to anyone else as separate than you. 

at least,there's no psychopath. It does exist as an energy as of everything else,but definitely that's just another label of materialistic world that shows how restrictive language and intellectual can be. 

Everything's possible.

My knowledge is not advanced enough to fully understand psychopathy as energy.

@CreamCat A real psychopath is someone who through no fault of their own was born with an irregular brain which doesn't develop in the same way as a neurotypical brain. https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-psychopath-in-simple-terms

"Psychopathy is a condition that is present in the brain at the time of birth. Psychopaths have marked brain differences from a neurotypical brain. Our amygdala alone is around eighteen percent smaller, as well the same showing/damage to the orbital cortex, the frontal lobe, and also the insula which is located deep in the cerebral cortex.

Psychopathy being characterized by low fear is consistent with abnormalities in the amygdala, since detriments in aversive conditioning and instrumental learning are thought to result from amygdala dysfunction, potentially compounded by orbital frontal cortex dysfunction, although the specific reasons are unknown.

The orbital cortex regulates impulsivity, and the frontal lobe is the damage to the ethics and morality section of the brain. All of these areas will show a pattern that is present and distinctive for a psychopathic brain."

If a psychopath meditates and does consciousness work,the way they grow and express their true selves is going to differ from someone who is neurotypical.

Psychopaths manipulate people a lot because they simply lack empathy, and I don't know if this will change for them after spiritual growth.

The spiritual growth of a psychopath would express itself differently to the spiritual grown of a neurotypical, and so it is possible that behaviours which cause misery and unhappiness for a neurotypical will not have the same effect for a psychopath. 

What I'm hypothesising is that its possible for a psychopath to be healthy and awakened whilst being "evil" being neurotypical standards. But the existence of "evil" is ultimately an illusion that can be seen through by consciousness work. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

10 hours ago, lmfao said:

@CreamCat A real psychopath is someone who through no fault of their own was born with an irregular brain which doesn't develop in the same way as a neurotypical brain. https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-psychopath-in-simple-terms

"Psychopathy is a condition that is present in the brain at the time of birth. Psychopaths have marked brain differences from a neurotypical brain. Our amygdala alone is around eighteen percent smaller, as well the same showing/damage to the orbital cortex, the frontal lobe, and also the insula which is located deep in the cerebral cortex.

Psychopathy being characterized by low fear is consistent with abnormalities in the amygdala, since detriments in aversive conditioning and instrumental learning are thought to result from amygdala dysfunction, potentially compounded by orbital frontal cortex dysfunction, although the specific reasons are unknown.

The orbital cortex regulates impulsivity, and the frontal lobe is the damage to the ethics and morality section of the brain. All of these areas will show a pattern that is present and distinctive for a psychopathic brain."

If a psychopath meditates and does consciousness work,the way they grow and express their true selves is going to differ from someone who is neurotypical.

Psychopaths manipulate people a lot because they simply lack empathy, and I don't know if this will change for them after spiritual growth.

The spiritual growth of a psychopath would express itself differently to the spiritual grown of a neurotypical, and so it is possible that behaviours which cause misery and unhappiness for a neurotypical will not have the same effect for a psychopath. 

What I'm hypothesising is that its possible for a psychopath to be healthy and awakened whilst being "evil" being neurotypical standards. But the existence of "evil" is ultimately an illusion that can be seen through by consciousness work. 

10 hours ago, Bane said:

Yes. If by "psychopath" you simply mean people, who consider others feelings as unimportant.

It is you who regard manipulation/lie as evil, yet they are just social instruments. At my higher stages I guess I would excel in manipulations, but I will do it with true love and compassion, LOL. But who knows, may be I will be pure altruistic love itself (God, please, no!).

I can imagine an enlightened psychopath who ties a person to a chair and says

I envy you. You're going to experience what death is after I stab you to death with this rusted knife. It's a pity that I won't be able to experience death before you do. Would you kindly come back from death and tell me what death is like?

I suspect self actualization turns a psychopath into a better psychopath.

Edited by CreamCat

Most Psychopaths are actually quite self-realized, thus why they become psychopaths because most people are as dumb as nails and don't understand their superior intelligence. In an insane society the insane ones are quite normal by universal standards.  This is why meditation or other spiritual arts are very important for highly intelligent or evolved beings.

B R E A T H E

1 hour ago, pluto said:

Most Psychopaths are actually quite self-realized, thus why they become psychopaths because most people are as dumb as nails and don't understand their superior intelligence. In an insane society the insane ones are quite normal by universal standards.  This is why meditation or other spiritual arts are very important for highly intelligent or evolved beings.

I never heard that psychopaths are quite self actualized. I also never heard that psychopaths' intelligence is higher than that of neurotypical people.

Are there credible evidences for your argument?

According to leo gura, less than 1% of people are self actualizing. According to estimations, psychopaths account for 2~4% of all population. If most psychopaths were quite self-actualized, they would account for the vast majority of self-actualized people.

Edited by CreamCat

1 minute ago, CreamCat said:

I never heard that psychopaths are quite self actualized. I also never heard that psychopaths' intelligence is higher than that of neurotypical people.

Are there credible evidences for your argument?

Pure Observation, not all but many. Charles Manson is a good example. If you really listen to his words and are somewhat self-realized more than the average person yourself, you will see lots of truth in his words. Imagine Leo talking about what he talks about few decades ago, little earlier he would be beheaded.

In the old days witches were simply spiritually self-realized women that understand how the universe works more than the average people and because the general masses were as ignorant as sheep they only saw those who had powers or abilities beyond them as work of evil or satan.

B R E A T H E

5 minutes ago, pluto said:

Pure Observation, not all but many. Charles Manson is a good example. If you really listen to his words and are somewhat self-realized more than the average person yourself, you will see lots of truth in his words. Imagine Leo talking about what he talks about few decades ago, little earlier he would be beheaded.

In the old days witches were simply spiritually self-realized women that understand how the universe works more than the average people and because the general masses were as ignorant as sheep they only saw those who had powers or abilities beyond them as work of evil or satan.

I wonder what leo gura thinks about Charles Manson and psychopaths in general in terms of the degree of self-actualization.

It'd be interesting to hear leo talk about the relationship between self-actualization and psychopaths.

Edited by CreamCat

Say what you want to say, but Adolf Hitler definetly was on his life purpose ?