Faceless

To anyone interested in the Nature of Experience

20 posts in this topic

Originally, experience means to go through with/to end....To not carry experience over as a projection onto the present movement experiencing. But that is not what we do. We cling to experience and project forward onto the “dynamic now”

When this is the case, all present experience implies  “the accumulation of the past, “knowledge/memory”, and that recollection is then projected in the form of a new experience. But that experience is not new if it is influenced by the accumulation of memory, knowledge, and past experiencings. Any movement as such is a movement of thought, no matter how much one feels thought was not in movement. If a experience is identified it is a movement of thought “the known” 

Any experience implies the movement of thought/the thinker. In this case the experience and experiencer are one in the same movement. 

When/If, the movement of experience “knowledge/memory, being static”, ceases to be carried over onto the dynamic now, “not recorded and therefore projected” then no content/movement of the self, “thinker/thought”, will be projected as an experience at all. If all that movement of self ceases to manifest, so does the experience/experiencer who experiences. Which implies there is no-body to identify with any-thing. The ultimate freedom. 

If there is no such dualistic movement of thought taking place then that implies whole action that is not divisive and fragmented by a center/ego/thought.....

This implies that the center “the i” is not. This is what is considered “ONENESS/NON-DUAL”...

In this all movement ‘without’ such dualistic action implies whole action, complete action, the action of truth. Infinite, absolute, immeasurable. 

WHEN THIS DUALISTIC MOVEMENT CEASES, THAT IS THE ACTION OF TRUTH ITSELF. 

THIS IS EMBODIMENT OF TRUTH, THE INFINITE, ABSOLUTE, THE IMMEASURABLE. 

BUT THERE IS NO IDENTIFICATION/EXPERIENCE OF SUCH IMMENSE ENERGY. 

CENTERLESSNESS IMPLIES NOTHINGNESS AND NOTHINGNESS IMPLIES THE ABSENCE OF IDENTIFICATION/EXPERIENCE

THE ENDING OF TIME. 

Edited by Faceless

18 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

The absolute is still expressing itself through its own subjective history - the mind and body of the person gives individual form to the creative impulse when the absolute is known by the mind. It's the absolute expressing itself through a finite body. 

When you're free of time you don't lose who you are a sense of self. You dont lose your experience. You don't lose your past experiences. You merely lose the identification you had with thoughts and feelings which created a resistance pattern. The awakened person just becomes genuine with no agenda and no neurotic defenses because the thoughts and feelings ( still creations of the past!) are seen for what they truly ARE - JUST thoughts and feelings rather than "self".

There is no ending of time. It's the ending of the dysfunctional act of ANTICIPATION of the future and DWELLING on the past.

Time is still being expressed because the boymind is built from the past. Its built from solid physical materials that formed in the past and experiences that shaped it's abilities.

When an enlightened person ties their shoelace they are still expressing the past. They are just free from the dysfunction of dwelling in psychological time waiting for personal fulfilment or enhancing their self image. There IS NO self image. The mind is empty of self, not empty of processes.  

This is what non dual means. This is what emptiness means. Emptiness means that the mind understands itself to be "empty of self"

All of this means that the absolute is expressing it's infinate potential through its finite mechanisms. Everything is known to be the absolute.

This is evident to anyone who experiences nowness. This understanding is universal among all who have awakened. 

Nice

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

Until this becomes actual 

5 hours ago, Faceless said:

When this is the case, all present experience implies  “the accumulation of the past, “knowledge/memory”, and that recollection is then projected in the form of a new experience. But that experience is not new if it is influenced by the accumulation of memory, knowledge, and past experiencings. Any movement as such is a movement of thought, no matter how much one feels thought was not in movement. If a experience is identified it is a movement of thought “the known” 

Any experience implies the movement of thought/the thinker. In this case the experience and experiencer are one in the same movement. 

When/If, the movement of experience “knowledge/memory, being static”, ceases to be carried over onto the dynamic now, “not recorded and therefore projected” then no content/movement of the self, “thinker/thought”, will be projected as an experience at all. If all that movement of self ceases to manifest, so does the experience/experiencer who experiences. Which implies there is no-body to identify with any-thing. The ultimate freedom. 

If there is no such dualistic movement of thought taking place then that implies whole action that is not divisive and fragmented by a center/ego/thought.....

This implies that the center “the i” is not

Then emptiness/nothingness is not. 

Until consciousness is empty of its conditioned movement/the center, then any talk of nothingness/emptiness is coming from the field of things/thought. 

Edited by Faceless

29 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

The absolute is still expressing itself through its own subjective history - the mind and body of the person gives individual form to the creative impulse when the absolute is known by the mind. It's the absolute expressing itself through a finite body. 

When you're free of time you don't lose who you are a sense of self. You dont lose your experience. You don't lose your past experiences. You merely lose the identification you had with thoughts and feelings which created a resistance pattern. The awakened person just becomes genuine with no agenda and no neurotic defenses because the thoughts and feelings ( still creations of the past!) are seen for what they truly ARE - JUST thoughts and feelings rather than "self".

There is no ending of time. It's the ending of the dysfunctional act of ANTICIPATION of the future and DWELLING on the past.

Time is still being expressed because the boymind is built from the past. Its built from solid physical materials that formed in the past and experiences that shaped it's abilities.

When an enlightened person ties their shoelace they are still expressing the past. They are just free from the dysfunction of dwelling in psychological time waiting for personal fulfilment or enhancing their self image. There IS NO self image. The mind is empty of self, not empty of processes.  

This is what non dual means. This is what emptiness means. Emptiness means that the mind understands itself to be "empty of self"

All of this means that the absolute is expressing it's infinate potential through its finite mechanisms. Everything is known to be the absolute.

This is evident to anyone who experiences nowness. This understanding is universal among all who have awakened. 

True nonduality involves no time, no past associations, no perception, no experience. At the highest levels of enlightenment (from what I've heard), one can choose to partake in the dance of duality / time and tie their shoes, seeing the shoes as they are Now, completely present... or one can rest as The Absolute, which is beyond experience and incapable of being described.

Awareness is limited. It has to exist and be aware. Your ultimate nature is beyond description, cannot be experience, described, intuited, etc.

You can only let go of all identification (even open empty presence awareness), and drop all effort entirely, and be it.

There is more to enlightenment than realizing you are aware of your bodymind, and not the bodymind itself... Where did the awareness come from? 

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

@Etagnwo +1 

Edited by Anna1

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Etagnwo

Most of your points are valid, besides some putting words in my mouth, and the moot points about Bentinho's personality.  Additionally, trinfinityacademy.com is entirely free.  I will take back "highest levels of enlightenment"... clearly you and @Anna1 have reached this ending and can be 100% certain there is no more to understand or realize.... was there a finish line?

Also, awareness does have qualities -- it is aware, ever present, etc.  It seems to my intuition that there would be "something" truly indescribable, beyond all concepts, unable to be spoken about.  Perhaps a "Nothingness" or "Infinity", which transcends Awareness itself and sources it.  Idk, could be wrong but it makes more sense to me that Ultimate Reality is "Pure Nothingness".  Or maybe Ultimate Reality is awareness itself... lucky us!

What do you make of deep sleep, or anesthesia.  Are you still you during these times?  Is there awareness?  (Legitimately asking what you think).

I do hope we can both agree that one (sorry not one, but awareness) can reach a ... "state" ... of Pure Consciousness, in which it just is, and is not aware of anything in particular.  And all thoughts, sensory perceptions, sense of time, etc are gone and awareness is resting at its source.... It's often called The Void.  What are your opinions of this?

15 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

I am referring to texts when I talk about awareness. All texts say awareness is all there is.

Second hand knowledge my friend. 

Emptiness is not about accumulation. 

When you speak of awareness you are referring to things you have read that have been passed down through the stream of thought. The “You” is then bound by experience. 

This is has nothing to do with nothingness/emptiness. 

It’s to die to the old, to the self/thought/experience, actually.

Not to accumulate a bunch of conceptualizations that thought/self/experience has put together and grasps/clings to. 

Emtpy, don’t add and perpetuate the conditioned consciousness. 

Unless you want to of course?

Edited by Faceless

21 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Did you conveniently skip the bit where I said my realization backed it up?

I guess you're gonna call Ramana and Eckhart tolle and everyone else on this too? Seeing as they all say the same thing?

I understand my friend. 

Ask yourself, If you wouldn’t have ever read any book and accumulated any cultural and traditional knowledge where would you be?

Can one know emptiness, nothingness? 

I’m not calling anyone out. I’m simply suggesting exploring yourself without anothers point of view. Not to depend on any second hand content. This is reasonable is it not?

It’s only in self understanding and reflection that one is unbound by the movement of time. No authority being personal or collective leads to actual emptiness. 

Do you see what I mean by emptying conditioned consciousness? 

To end all conditioned movement and content of the self. Which means the cessation of the psychological accumulation of self and its conditioned responses. 

To be religiously attentive to the movement of thought. And in that not carry over past experience “knowledge” and psychological memory of the i and it’s conditioned responses to the dynamic movement of the now. 

Edited by Faceless

15 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Don't slip from the nothingness or I will not try your method!

xD

You crack me up! 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

3 hours ago, Etagnwo said:

I think the problem here is you don't want to admit you're gullible? 

Is that why you want me to agree with you? 

So you can feel certain about some conviction you hold that (lol) isn't even your first hand experience? Lol.

I mean, you've only heard about this. Yet you are so attached to something you don't even know about directly. 

Don't you think that's weird? 

I can say precisely the same to you, although apparently you're enlightened.

"I" actually do "have" "firsthand experience" with what I would think is a "glimpse" of "the void".  The feeling that I was losing existence, and the universe / reality itself was disappearing.  It's happened many times, however I always have a feeling of terror and snap out of it rather quickly.

3 hours ago, Etagnwo said:

@InfinitePotential

Awareness doesn't have qualities. 

You said awareness is "aware" and "ever present".

But notice these are qualities (distinctions) that the human mind made up to infer awareness.

The actual truth is awareness is devoid of any qualities. It's not really "aware as such, is IS awareness. It's not really "ever present" either because ever present are just concepts again, aren't they? You can't have ever without never, and you can't have presence without absence. 

We just need some kind language to speak about the subject. 

So no, you're wrong, awareness does NOT have qualities. 

That's what the text mean when they say your true self is unknowable and imprecievable. 

Hard to grasp?

When you actually think about it you can't really deny it. That's why all traditions point to the same thing, because there IS only the self. 

What is awareness but a concept?  You can't have awareness without unawareness, no?

I think "Ultimate Reality" is ineffable.  No word suffices as a description.  Words immediately imply duality.

Absolutely nothing wrong with awareness.  I love awareness and practice meditating on it frequently.  I also practice letting go of everything, or ignoring everything, which would include awareness, sorry man.

4 hours ago, Etagnwo said:

As far as I'm concerned you're free to continue on your path. Who cares? It's your life, not mine. Do as you wish. 

Okay so I'll keep meditating, living a healthy lifestyle, living morally, and pondering and contemplating and seeking ultimate truth, remaining open minded and skeptic and not-knowing.  Enjoy your assuredness.

7 minutes ago, InfinitePotential said:

living morally

Living morally is imposing boundaries on reality. You dont need to 'live morally' to be moral. If you see that everything is One, you will be moral in your own way.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

22 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

Living morally is imposing boundaries on reality. You dont need to 'live morally' to be moral. If you see that everything is One, you will be moral in your own way.

Ugh, I agree, see earlier about how every word implies duality.  The mind does have legitimate viewpoints on morality however, imo.  Hopefully.  Not ultimately true but relatively true.

13 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

You just admitted that you have only just started a course in miracles. Which will help you realize awareness.

Yeah took me a lot of courage to "admit" that.  Lmao.  It's so simple though it shouldn't matter, right?  I have been on the path for oh about 3 years now.  And have been intensely curious about the nature of reality all of my life.  I'm not even gonna elaborate anymore than that but understand you have little to no clue about my experience and understanding.  I realize ACIM is gonna help you find god, which is synonymous with awareness.  Where'd that come from though.  Why that rather than not that.  Infinite potential that's why :D

Also sorry but this line of reasoning makes literally no sense (quoted from you):

Awareness doesn't have qualities. 

You said awareness is "aware" and "ever present".

But notice these are qualities (distinctions) that the human mind made up to infer awareness.

The actual truth is awareness is devoid of any qualities. It's not really "aware as such, is IS awareness. It's not really "ever present" either because ever present are just concepts again, aren't they? You can't have ever without never, and you can't have presence without absence. 

We just need some kind language to speak about the subject. 

So no, you're wrong, awareness does NOT have qualities. 

Basically you're saying "X doesn't have qualities.... Any qualities you say it has are distinctions, with opposites.  So no, X doesn't have qualities".... WTF??? lmao :D.  That's gotta be the worst of all logical fallacies.  

Again, you say You can't have ever without never, and you can't have presence without absence... 

Okay again I say, you can't have awareness without unawareness... What of that?

Now, I WOULD agree that there is a truth out there which is not able to be expressed in language... no qualities.  Seems like you're calling that Awareness.  Semantics.  I'm wondering if we can't even go another step further and say Awareness itself is Sourced by something even more free.

Also you earlier accused me of parroting some new age buzzwords or whatever.... But you yourself said you're just going off of what the ancient texts are all pointing to (i.e. parroting).  And I'm SURE you've read all those ancient texts and are not just parroting what you've heard someone say about them!

It’s important to understand that unless time/thought ends all talk of nothingness is a product of imagination. 

This has to do with my original post here about experience. 

Edited by Faceless

Unless there is a cessation of thought in time one is speaking of nothingness as an idea “product of thought” 

To read and accumulate concepts, theories, and so on is the movement of thought imitating and identifying with some-THING. And only thought identifies and imitates. 

As long as thought is in movement one is bound by time, and nothingness is timeless. 

One cannot go beyond where one hasn’t yet began.

Get rid of all traditional ideas, concepts, and theories about nothingness.

As any description “of thought” is never what is actually described “what is”

Edited by Faceless

We can either accumulate knowledge by means of time which only continues as a movement of time. Or there can be a cessation of time all together. 

Time “any movement of self” cannot move to the timeless. Time must end.

If time does not end, nothingness is a product of time, therefore is not nothingness. 

Edited by Faceless