Joseph Maynor

Is Leo Being Ironic In This Video?

11 posts in this topic

Let's create a big-picture conceptual picture of Enlightenment.  Ok.  Is this supposed to be some kind of irony?  Like --  watch me try to do what you guys are looking for.  I get a flavor of that, but I need a second opinion.  There's kind of a satire thing going on here.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor I see what you are saying. 

But one good thing about Leo(among many others) is that you never have to guard yourself from what he says, simply because he always stand naked and speak his heart. 

Irony and sarcasm aren't in his awareness at all, thanks god! Unless for a few (bad :)) jokes at this forum, but they were perfectly innocent and harmless. 

There should be no doubt about his pure honesty in everything he teach. That's why we love him, he's not manipulating at all. 

It's great to questioning though, we shouldn't take anything just for granted. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Truth is nonsensical to the mind. It does not compute.

It doesn't matter what he says as long as it is nonsense.

There is one nonsense, just as there is one truth. I don't think that his video is a satire. It is a honest and accurate explanation.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 minutes ago, tsuki said:

I don't think that his video is a satire. It is a honest and accurate explanation.

Yup!

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Truth resides within the title itself: absolute infinity. The infinity so infinite that it contains itself. It's nonsense.

The rest of the video is unpacking of this concept. Reality is a paradox. It does not compute.

You are this absolute infinity. An animal that can contain itself within its mind. Nonsense that is existence.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Here’s a good exercise.  Lay down on your bed with this video playing and just maintain mindful awareness of the passing sounds and concepts as Leo talks.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I think its a good guidence to what you are looking for...when you disappear still there will be a mind whos saying im everything infinite etc...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

There is a value to being provocative as a teacher.  

Here’s Part 2

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor I personally didn't watch the whole video. I see no point in listening to people talk about something you can only grasp from experience. You can't be "told" about the "nature of reality". After all, words are symbols and symbols are not equivalent to the things they are representing. Language become trickier and trickier the more fundamental the thing you're trying to describe becomes. And nothing is more fundamental than "the nature of reality". Consider this, can a man who has been blind from birth know what vision looks like from you trying to describe to him what vision is like? No. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

14 hours ago, lmfao said:

Consider this, can a man who has been blind from birth know what vision looks like from you trying to describe to him what vision is like? No. 

When you look for the nature of reality, you are not a man that has been born blind.
You do not acquire sight as you become aware of the nature of reality.
It is a matter of recognizing what already is and seeing it for what it is.

Language can be helpful in doing that.

Edited by tsuki