Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkusSweden

Even the best theoretical model of reality has nothing to do with reality.

8 posts in this topic

At least this was hugely important to me as a serious seeker. 

I was never satisfied with any answer, always wanted to dig deeper. 

Until one person told me this..

..There is a perfect theory, or rather a best, most accurate theory, maybe you have heard of it, maybe you haven't.

Maybe no-one has discover it yet, maybe it was discovered long time ago. 

But no matter what, what ever words that formulate the best possible theory of the nature of reality, how ever optimised it is. 

It has NOTHING to do with reality. 

Just keep that in mind. Concepts are not bad or wrong, they can be great help, they can be interesting and funny, but caveat, it will never has anything to do with reality aka truth. 

Namaste.

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Hey Markus,

I've always been a seeker as well, but I enjoy the search itself. So me whatever I tend to find, it can be shiny or not, it's the searching that keeps me searching. I think possibly if I ever got a irrefutable core 'truth', I might be quite deflated. 

See what you think of the following curiosity :

I enjoyed it as it introduced me to various concepts I was not previously aware of. 

Nice!  Existential Truth and Conceptual Understanding are best when they don’t step on each other’s toes.  But they are two necessary components to nurture for the Sage.  You need to develop both — and then get their synergy. But yeah — Existential Truth has nothing to do with thought-stories.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Nice!  Existential Truth and Conceptual Understanding are best when they don’t step on each other’s toes.  But they are two necessary components to nurture for the Sage.  You need to develop both — and then get their synergy.

+1 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

3 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

But they are two necessary components to nurture for the Sage.

If there is actually any need for a sage, the single most important role of the sage is to show others that to depend on any type of authority leads to contradiction and further disorder.

We can assume that the most unsuccessful sage would be be hoisted upon people’s shoulders and would grow a big business. The most successful sage would be out of work in a flash...hehe

In his case success is the biggest failure and failure is the biggest success. 

Truth isn’t for sale. Self knowledge, that in which “wisdom” is born can not be taught. 

True Cooperation implies no teacher, no  guru, no authority of any kind, but instead two friends in mutual communion, working together without any kind of self centered interest and more interested to understand problems. And in the understanding of the problems lie the answers.

This isn’t directed towards anyone in particular. It is just something that should be well known to all. 

RESPONSIBLITY SHOULD BE OUR PURPOSE 

The question is, is it???

Edited by Faceless

theoretical models are a reality on their own, just the way we can smell, we can taste, we can explore seemingly invisible forms and thought-structures

theories are a part of life an exploration, but you wouldnt mistake the smell of a burger for the truth of everything, you wouldnt base your entire life on the taste of an incredible indian dish

the same with theories,they are a form of art, no more less or more valid then riding a bike, weightlifting or painting

in this way one can enjoy his theories and not be bound by them

all that is thought is shared by everyone

we are one, love grows

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

Reality has this miraculous capacity to reference itself.
Any theory is real and any theory describes reality.
All current theories are true. All past theories are false.
Any theory contains the entirety of truth by openness to transcendence.
To try to capture the self-reference is to produce an anchor for reference.

Reality is fed by theories.
Are you the food that you eat?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2